*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC will began play in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin.
Austin FC is seeking a proven, driven, and motivated videographer who will join Austin FC’s content team. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of the Club’s video content published across our social, in-stadium, and broadcast platforms for the Club’s anticipated sold-out inaugural season.
This role to build a legendary and globally ambitious brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin, selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last four years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Is passionate about Austin?
- Wants to grow the sport of soccer?
- Works well in a collaborative, goal-based environment?
- Thrives in innovative and creative environment?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced organization?
- Understands that crafting a great product sometimes takes long hours and does not always happened during the regular business day?
- Work with a team of videographers, photographers and social media personnel to develop brand-relevant video content for Austin FC; and
- Develop video content to be published through Austin FC’s social handles; and
- Create video content for Austin FC’s TV broadcast productions, including pre- and post-match shows in addition to in-game integrations; and
- Support video content to be leveraged as part of the match run of show at Q2 Stadium; and
- Continuously search for new content opportunities to drive fan engagement and deliver value for sponsors; and
- Review the performance of video content across Austin FC digital channels, and recommend improvements based on monitoring data and audience sentiment on an ongoing basis; and
- Seamlessly integrate Austin FC partners and Austin FC sales messaging (e.g., merchandise) into Club video content; and
- Generally support Austin FC’s content creation and content commercialization initiatives.
- Ability to think creatively, using inspiration inside and outside the soccer world
- Experience ideating, producing, editing and publishing world-class video content
- High proficiency with video production equipment, animation and editing tools, including Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Adobe Audition, and working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- English language proficiency (Spanish language skills are a plus)
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- +2 years of experience in video production; past experience in sports and/or entertainment a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
- Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.