Guest Services Teammate - Part time - Austin FC (Austin · TX)
Austin FC Jobs
Jobs in Austin · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC began competing in MLS in April 2021 and played its first match at home on June 19, 2021, in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium.
Austin FC is actively seeking part-time Guest Service Teammates who will be essential in creating a safe, welcoming, and lively experience for all guests in Q2 Stadium. As the person to welcome and serve our guests, exceptional hospitality and a positive attitude are required. Guest Services Teammates are encouraged to be proactive and find ways to deliver an above and beyond experience to guests.
Your contributions will be hugely important to help us build a uniquely Austin experience for every guest who comes through our doors. Join Austin FC in 2023 as we continue to Grow the Legend.
Are You Someone That:
· Has a positive attitude and likes to talk to people?
· Works well in a fast moving, collaborative, team-driven environment?
· Can focus on providing great customer service, and not get distracted watching the game on the field?
· Is comfortable working in large crowds, loud environments, and all-weather conditions?
Guest Services Teammate roles will include:
· Provide exceptional customer service to all guests while providing friendly and helpful directions; and
· Greet all guests and scan tickets as they enter the building and/or premium spaces; and
· Usher guests to their seats and provide directional assistance throughout facility; and
· Monitor guest conduct and provide assistance to guests; and
· Maintain a safe environment at all times for guests; and
· Check all passes, credentials and tickets for the correct location, date and time; and
· Assist in transporting guests throughout the facility via wheelchair or elevator; and
· Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by directing guests to emergency exits; and
· Move around to various positions/locations as needed; and
· Hand out materials to guests as needed; and
· Follow directions for all event procedures and safety standards; and
· Perform additional duties as required.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and weekday games.
· Ability to work the entire event including pre- and post-game activities.
· Ability to work large scale concerts.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies.
· Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
· Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional, even if under pressure
· The ideal candidate must be reliable and have a positive attitude.
· Prior customer service is preferred but is not required.
· Minimum age requirement of 16.
· Hours are variable and can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays. Hours are not a guaranteed.
· All selected candidates are expected to be available to work any event hosted in Q2 Stadium, employment is not restricted to Austin FC matches only.
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.