*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC began play in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium.
Austin FC is seeking driven and passionate Director of Creative and Content who will join Austin FC’s Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of Austin FC’s creative and content as it relates to brand campaigns, product releases, matchday content, and other endeavors across the Club’s various media channels.
This unique role will elevate the identity of a major league brand early in its journey with a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin has continuously been selected by U.S. News and World Report as a top city to live in the last six years, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Is as comfortable leading teams/driving strategy as you are performing/finalizing the work?
- Is an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and likes to take responsibility for project oversight?
- Wants to grow the sport of soccer?
- Works well in a collaborative, goal-based environment?
- Thrives in an innovative and creative environment?
- Understands that crafting a great product takes long hours and does not always happened during the regular business day?
- Understands the need to work on Austin FC matchdays including nights and weekends?
- Execute the conception, development, and execution of Austin FC creative and content strategies, as applied to brand campaigns, social messaging, match content, in-stadium signage, email messaging, etc.; and
- Oversee the development and execution of creative to support our Club’s brand and messaging campaigns; and
- Lead the development of content efforts to engage fans, grow the Club’s followership, and authentically integrate sponsors into the Club’s media channels; and
- Support the balance of the creative and content team with ongoing creative needs across social, content, partnerships, etc. by managing creative and content production schedules; and
- Leverage ongoing market and brand trends to support progressive creative and content executions for Austin FC; and
- For feature campaigns and Club moments, manage and execute photography efforts on behalf of Austin FC.
- Ability to think creatively, using inspiration inside and outside the soccer world
- Experience managing the ideating, producing, editing and publishing of world-class video content
- The proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple (and often urgent/complex) projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience with a proven record of performance, business achievement, and high ethical standards
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- Enjoy being challenged and have a desire to solve complex problems daily
- English language proficiency (Spanish language skills are a plus)
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
- Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.