Academy Operations Manager - Austin FC (Austin · TX)
Austin FC Jobs
Jobs in Austin · TX
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league’s 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC began play in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium. Opened in 2021, St. David’s Performance Center serves as the Official Training Facility of Austin FC. Located at the Parmer Pond in North Austin, just seven miles from Q2 Stadium, the $45-million, privately financed, 23-acre complex is the training home of Austin FC’s first team, Austin FC Academy teams and future home of Austin FC’s MLS NEXT Pro Team.
Austin FC operates the Austin FC Academy, the fully funded developmental academy representing the highest level of competition for elite youth soccer players in Central Texas, while serving as the exclusive developmental pathway to MLS for the region’s most talented young players.
The Austin FC Academy is actively seeking a detailed-oriented and professional Academy Operations Manager to work as part of a collaborative inter-professional team to support elite-level youth soccer players on and off the pitch. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading the day-to-day administration of Academy Operations and manager internal processes to ensure a successful operation.
The position is based in Austin, TX out of the St. David’s Performance Center and reports to the VP of Sporting Operations.
Are You Someone That:
· Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
· Is motivated to assist athletes, coaches and families to realize their potential?
· Is detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive?
· Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships?
· Enjoys working as a positive team player to meet goals?
· Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
· Has experience leading teams and understands the importance of communication?
· Lead the day-to-day administration of Academy operations including ensuring alignment and communication with ATXFC II and ATXFC Operations leads; and
· Directly manage, coordinate, and safeguard all players in line with SafeSport policies; and
· Adhere to Academy Operating budget; and
· Lead preparation for in-season travel to include flights, hotels, transportation, training sessions and field acquisition; and
· Manage registration of players to MLS NEXT, tournaments and leagues; and
· Manage U17 and U15 MLS NEXT teams; and
· Lead day-to-day contact for parents and family of Academy players; and
· Manage Teamworks Platform for Academy players and parents to include distribution of weekly and monthly calendars to internal and external stakeholders; and
· Work with Manager of ATXFC II on ITC’s and youth players compliance; and
· Lead in preparation for yearly Academy orientation; and
· Assist in match and training set up.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working in a professional sports environment
· Preferred experience working in Team Operations
· A desire to work with youth development in a professional environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications
· Strong organizational skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, with diverse audiences
· Attention to detail and dedicated work ethic
· Knowledge of best practices and commitment to remain up to date with industry standards
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for internships because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to acceptance.
· Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation.
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.