Academy Coordinator - Austin FC (Austin · TX)
Austin FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Austin · TX
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC began play in the new 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin.
Austin FC operates the Austin FC Academy, the fully funded developmental academy representing the highest level of competition for elite youth soccer players in Central Texas, while serving as the exclusive developmental pathway to MLS for the region’s most talented young players.
Austin FC is actively seeking a driven and reliable Academy Coordinator to support all of the Academy’s functions. In this multifaceted role, you will be responsible for leading and executing Austin FC Academy administration, logistics, operations, and support the Academy technical staff on all staff and player operations. This position must understand and respect the high expectations and professionalism associated in working with a professional sports team.
This unique role will work with a team to continue to develop an identity of a major league brand and is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. This position is based in Austin, TX. Austin has continuously been selected by U.S. News and World Report as a top city to live in the last six years, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
· Is motivated, professional, highly organized, and customer service focused?
· Can communicate verbally with a wide range of people with ease?
· Possesses a strong understanding of team and player operations?
· Is detail-oriented, organized, analytical, and attentive?
· Enjoys working as a positive team player to meet club-wide goals?
· Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
· Works well in a collaborative, team-driven and goal-based environment?
· Support the administration of Austin FC Academy program including, but not limited to communication with players and parents, coordination of times and locations for training and games, managing training log and attendance, managing field use communication, and managing equipment and apparel needs for games and training; and
· Manage the administration and registration of league and tournament competition for all Austin FC Academy players and staff; and
· Coordinate and organize trialist logistics; and
· Manage and maintain the Academy online database including registration of players and staff; and
· Coordinate travel and logistics for away events, including transportation and lodging; and
· Manage game day operations for home events; and
· Manage the organization of field equipment at St. David’s Performance Center to ensure quality presentation and organization; and
· Liaise with MLS Staff on rules and guidelines applicable to MLS NEXT; liaise with any other Austin FC league organizer on rules and guidelines.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management or related field
· Demonstrated understanding of the local and national soccer landscape
· 2-3 years of experience in the sports industry preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Word, Excel
· High proficiency in managing administrative processes and programs
· Ability to keep a strong and positive attitude that reflects the spirit of the club
· English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for internships because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
· Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation.
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.