*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Help Grow the Legend in Austin
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC will officially begin play in 2021 in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin. Austin FC is actively seeking to fill a coach intern to join the Academy team.
In this internship, you will gain valuable exposure to coaching Academy training sessions and games and play a crucial role in providing the best player development environment possible. You will also gain experience in Austin FC Academy Coaching methodology, sports performance best practices, scouting and recruitment, video editing, and creating animations. This is an opportunity to fully immerse yourself in a high-performance coaching environment with a proven track record of internal promotion.
Are You Someone That:
- Is passionate about filming and sports?
- Is interested in game analysis and performance analysis?
- Uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy?
- Wants to learn and develop game video review skills with a team of highly experienced coaches?
- Enjoys working as a positive team player to meet goals?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
- Assist with game-day coaching; and
- Learn to utilize sports performance best practices to strengthen our athletes; and
- Learn to use data to monitor physical loads; and
- Review and break down film clips and edit video as necessary; and
- Participate in training session planning; and
- Participate in the creation and execution of individual development plans; and
- Gain exposure to high level youth soccer Academy players and coaches; and
- Attend weekly Academy meetings; and
- Participate in a minimum of four practices per week (evening sessions); and
- Participate in all home games between August and December (approximately 20).
- A passion for coaching
- An interest in gaining coaching knowledge & experience
- Interest and familiarity with game analysis and performance analysis
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of team sports. Soccer experience is preferable
- Ability to read, understand and interpret statistical information
- High ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- English and/or Spanish language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for internships because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to acceptance as an intern.
- Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation.
- Hours include some evenings and weekends. The internship time commitment is generally between 30-35 hours per week.
- This internship will begin August 2021 and be complete June 2022.
- This program is an unpaid internship.
Coaching Program Curriculum:
In addition to the above listed, the goal of this internship program is the successful transfer and development of knowledge, skills, and attitudes listed below:
- Coaching methodology
- Individual Development Plans
- Monthly and annual periodized curriculum
- Video analysis and implementation
- Coaching pedagogy
- Sports science
- Tactical periodization
- Linking the physical demands to each training activity
- Injury prevention and strengthening
- Talent identification
- Recruitment and scouting strategy
- Player profiles
- Assessment forms and player tracking methods