At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The Business Development and Major Gift Officer is a key member of USA Triathlon’s business development team reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, with a dotted line to the USA Triathlon Foundation Executive Director, responsible for maximizing the organization’s revenue potential through corporate sponsorships and major gift fundraising.
This role will be responsible for driving sponsorship growth and cultivating and soliciting major gifts. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in major gift fundraising with the desire to learn corporate sponsorship sales.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and close major gifts to support strategic organizational initiatives
- Identify and develop relationships with brands and agencies within targeted sales pipeline, at the most senior level (i.e. CMO’s), who make marketing, corporate partnership and charitable decisions
- Grow corporate partnership revenue including identifying and closing new corporate partners and up-selling of additional assets into current partnership agreements
- Support the marketing partnership team in renewing existing partners
- Work collaboratively with USA Triathlon Foundation, Marketing, Events, Constituent Engagement, and High Performance departments to identify key partnership opportunities that benefit their business unit and the organization overall
- Engage and involve Foundation trustees, volunteers and staff in major gift planning, cultivation, solicitations and gift stewardship
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of major gift fundraising experience
- Proven track record of successfully closing multi-year, six and seven-figure gifts
- Experience with a national governing body for sport, collegiate athletics department, professional sports team, league, agency, major property or nonprofit
- Experience in the endurance space will be helpful in the success of this position but not a requirement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units
A cover letter is required along with your resume. Please also include answers to the questions below:
- What are your salary expectations?
- Are you willing to relocate to Colorado Springs?
- What most excites you about USA Triathlon?
Please note we do not offer relocation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.