Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sr. Director of Training and Education with USA Rugby in Lafayette, CO
USA Rugby jobs
Sports Jobs in Lafayette, CO
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
Job Title: Sr. Director, Training and Education
Employer: USA Rugby
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President, Rugby Operations (VPRO)
USA Rugby Mission:
To unite an inclusive, passionate American rugby community and ignite sustainable development that grows a game reflective of our core values and history.
Under the direction of the VP of Rugby Operations, the Sr. Director of Training and Education is responsible for the training, education and development of coaches, referees, administrators and others within USA Rugby. Through a vibrant Training & Education department and staff, the Sr. Director will set a national structure and strategy, and see its operations through.
Essential Job Functions:
· Implement USA Rugby’s Strategic and operations plans around training and education:
o Develop a comprehensive national training and education plan for coaches, referees, administrators and others.
o Oversee coach and referee recruitment and retention programs and improve resources to support the strategic growth of registered number of coaches, referees and support personnel.
· Work across Community Rugby departments to develop synergies and execute a holistic Training & Education program to meet the needs of all community rugby constituents.
o Work across USA Rugby departments to best facilitate Coach/Referee/Administrator Development servicing of needs of other areas of the organization:
o Work with the Mass Participation Manager to assess coach development needs of their constituents and develop a plan to meet those needs
o Work with constituent groups (Youth, College, Club, Referee, Coaching. Administrative, Medical and others) to determine training needs.
o Work with Media and Communication department to create a web and email presence for the marketing and promotion of Coach/Ref Development offerings
o Work with Referee Development structures to find consistencies and synergies for educational offerings
o Work with college and adult teams and clubs to develop national coach/ref/admin development programs.
o Work with High Performance programs to develop a thorough pathway to elite coaching opportunities
· Maintain and develop a strong relationship with US Olympic Committee and World Rugby’s Coach and Referee development departments and Training & Education departments:
o Work closely with World Rugby to insure our courses and offerings are aligned with international standards and expectations
o Align course leader training and reviewing with WR standards and training protocols
o Present USA Rugby variations on Course Curriculum and curriculum development to WR in pursuit of development funding assistance
o Align Coach Development department with USOC standards and practices
o Develop relationship with USOC Coach Development department
· Manage the Director of Training and Education to facilitate, improve and expand the experience of USA Rugby Certification Courses
o Lead initiative to facilitate national requirement of certification for all coaches, referees and supporting staff.
o Coordinate with US Olympic Committee SafeSport program to ensure compliance in education and certification of the program.
o Oversee program to manage Course Leader selection, training, management and review
· In coordination with appropriate committee structures, develop a training and development plan with appropriate education streams.
· Manage the Training and Education Manager to develop a robust in-person continuing education and online training platform and content
o Learning Management System selection and contracting
o Integration of online training
o Work with World Rugby to ensure online courses line up with international standards
o Recruitment of continuing education course leaders and facilitators
o Development of content and courses for continuing education
o Develop and oversee the additional education components of USA Rugby’s Coach, Referee, Administrator development, including technical modules and continuing education offerings
· Manage Referee and Coach Development Contractors and ongoing referee development and coach development programs
o Develop and implement strategies around 7s and 15s referee programs
o Develop and implement strategies around the ongoing coach development programs like ‘project soar’ and others
· Develops and manages departmental budget.
• The Sr. Director will deliver world class quality educational offerings that meet national and international standards
• The Sr. Director will manage a group of educators across the country to deliver courses consistent with National Governing Body, World Rugby and Olympic Committee standards
• Online offering will be delivered that meet the USA Rugby community’s need for development and meet national and international standards
• Certifications offered will be consistent with World Rugby Standards and the Sr. Director will maintain accurate records and ensure quality of delivery of these materials.
• Provide quality programs for introductory rugby across all divisions and genders of Community rugby.
• Deliver comprehensive strategies to grow the grassroots demographic through sub-unions, clubs, organizations and partners.
• Provide assistance to coaches, administrators and players through the provision of consistent customer service and expertise of all things USA Rugby
• Internal staff in the training & education department
• External contractors
• Intern Candidates as needed
• Director of Training and Education
• Manager of Training & Education
• Course leaders and instructors
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong passion for the growth of developmental rugby
· Willingness to build and grow relationships throughout USA Rugby’s communities
· Ability to wear multiple professional hats
· Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
· Outstanding writing/editing skills
· Highly organized and structured
· Previous personnel management experience
· Previous experience in Coach Education desired
· Education or Training background desired
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelors’ degree in Sports Management or equivalent field.
• 3-5 years of experience in sports administration.
• 3-5 years of coach, referee or personnel development
• Ability to travel in support of events and course offerings on occasion
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Masters’ Degree or equivalent in Sports Management
• Familiarity with the sport of rugby
• Experience in managing a team of motivated and engaged people
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.