USA Cycling is a proud member of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and United States Olympic Committee (USOC). Within the United States, USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross, and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports a community of diverse cyclists from all backgrounds, at all levels, including those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing.
USA Cycling is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2020. In 1920, the organization began as The Amateur Bicycle League of America and evolved to become the United States Cycling Federation in 1975 and ultimately USA Cycling, Inc. in 1995. USA Cycling's 100,000+ members are comprised of racers and cyclists of all ages and abilities, coaches, officials, mechanics, and race directors.
Marketing Production Internship (Unpaid)
Cecilia Patten (Social Media Specialist)
08/2020-12/31/2020 or 08/2020-05/2021 depending on intern schedule availability
Colorado Springs, CO
This position is a unique opportunity for a Colorado based marketing college student looking to gain hands-on professional experience within the cycling community! USA Cycling will pair you with our Marketing/Communications team and expose you to a variety of marketing initiatives. The Marketing Production Intern will learn while providing assistance in the planning, creation and production of marketing and communications assets. The USA Cycling Marketing Production internship is unpaid and there is no entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.
MARKETING PRODUCTION INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create social media content with an emphasis on audience engagement
- Write short-form posts, website articles, and other content copy
- Light editing of pictures and videos for social media
- Seek influencers/ambassadors in the cycling industry.
- Post to social media channels ongoing basis
- Upload website content (to include features, pictures and videos)
- Create/design newsletters by using email marketing programs
- Design/post graphic communications for digital platforms as well as some print material including: website graphics, email campaigns, social media graphics and other marketing materials as needed
- Regularly research latest marketing trends and find best ways to promote brands
- Research media marketing strategy and ways to engage/ increase media presence
- Assist in actively managing and monitoring USA Cycling’s brand presence on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube…)
- Assigned to special projects, tasks as needed
INTERNSHIP EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program (Marketing & Communication, Sports Management or similar)
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS:
- Communication: Excellent verbal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration: Ability and desire to work collaboratively across multiple staff levels in the organization
- Organization: High level ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress and strong attention to detail with a fast-paced environment
- Based in Colorado for the duration of the internship period
USA Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.