Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Event Services Regional Manager (East Coast) - USA Cycling
The Event Services Regional Manager helps USA Cycling build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships in their assigned region. The position is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with event directors and clubs, promoting and selling the services and tools of USA Cycling while working with various constituent groups to help grow the sport of cycling. The key goals will be to drive uptake of USA Cycling services and tools, and growing racer days by increasing events and racing opportunities at events in a sustainable manner. Specific goals and metrics will be defined and agreed upon on an annual basis.
The Event Services Regional Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Direct oversight of the overall success of the assigned region. This will include the region’s budget and financials, communication within the department, organization and with members, race directors and clubs.
- Research, generate, recommend and prioritize new growth opportunities within existing series, competitive and enthusiast events.
- Work with department leadership to define strategies for identified targets in assigned region; and lead the implementation of the sales and service strategy to provide the best chance for success and growth.
- Make regular calls to event directors of both sanctioned and unsanctioned events, establishing strong relationships and discussing USA Cycling’s online tools, services, growth opportunities and benefits of permitting events with USA Cycling.
- Host regular meetings and product demonstrations with event directors and local associations to sell and/or provide education for USA Cycling products, tools and services.
- Manage local association and mountain bike series calendars to ensure growth of the sport at the local level in racer days, event counts, and memberships, including collegiate and interscholastic cycling.
- Work with local associations to facilitate IT requests and needs, including updating contact information and permissions on the USA Cycling website.
- Manage current issues in each local association in assigned region and work to incite growth within each association in line with the mission, vision, and goals of USA Cycling.
- Work with department and executive leadership to ensure local association program helps fulfill USA Cycling’s mission, specifically assisting in the facilitation of the LA Summit, LA annual agreement, and other LA programs.
- Compile and submit monthly reports to leadership regarding customer contacts, successes and challenges. Collect information in regard to the event demographics and characteristics and update USA Cycling sales tracking tools as necessary.
- Fully orient and grasp the various online tools and benefits provided by USA Cycling (permitting, event registration, post-event, results and rankings, point series, insurance, rebate and incentive programs, etc.) and actively market these tools and benefits to event directors, local associations, officials and athletes to increase adoption and market share.
- Provide training and first level of support for online tools and services.
- Plan, forecast, and manage assigned territories, including local associations, mountain bike events, event scheduling, assisting with the review and approval of LA policies as applicable, the state and regional championship processes such as assembling bid packets, collecting and reviewing submissions, and awarding winning bids for championship events.
- Represent USA Cycling at various events within the assigned territory with the goal of engaging with all constituent groups to provide up-to-date information and education on USA Cycling rules, policies, online tools, services, benefits, volunteer opportunities and programs. Event travel will be agreed upon on a quarterly basis, with goals for each trip and reported outcomes in regards to those goals.
- Distribute club development materials as necessary, serve as a resource for club officers to turn to for guidance on how to organize and support events, along with building community in the sport of cycling.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and forecasts for assigned region as required. Track expenses and submit for reimbursement in a timely fashion.
- Respond to event organizers and member inquiries in a timely manner while providing exceptional service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for and knowledge of the sport of cycling, including both competitive and non-competitive event organization.
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, research, communication (internal and external), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creative mindset with the ability to think proactively and independently.
- Knowledge of marketing principles to help drive value and growth for sanctioned events.
- Fundamental knowledge of USA Cycling online tools, services, fees and benefits.
- Ability to build strong relationships with race directors and clubs, understanding their business needs.
- Strong decision making capabilities along with the ability to work independently.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment with a strong capacity to lead multiple, high-priority projects, handle tight deadlines on a daily basis and work cross-functionally.
- Solid attention to detail with a keen eye for the bigger picture.
- Willingness to work weekends as needed, some holidays and some travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a field related to the industry is required.
- Two years of consultative sales related experience, preferably in the cycling industry.
- Cycling background or knowledge is a plus!
- 40-50% including weekend and holiday work
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher)
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time exempt position located in the Eastern Region of the United States. The ideal candidate will be based in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, or Pennsylvania.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, an exciting work environment and inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have at least two years of consultative sales related experience? Please highlight in detail.
Do you have passion for and knowledge of the sport of cycling, including both competitive and non-competitive event organization?