Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs , CO
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for leading the overall marketing strategy for USA Cycling by developing comprehensive, integrated marketing plans that define the message, build awareness and consideration, and create emotional connections with customers and prospects that drives conversion and establishes brand loyalty. The role has direct responsibility across brand marketing, digital marketing, social media, agency management, consumer research, media strategy, communications and PR. The role will also serve as a key marketing resource for other internal business units (Membership, Elite Athletics, Racing Operations, Event Services, and Product Management) to provide guidance on developing and executing marketing plans to meet their business objectives. This role reports to the Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, and is a critical and highly-visible role both within the organization and with external stakeholders (national and endemic media, United States Olympic Committee, USA Cycling Board, etc.).
The Director of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for the following:
- Drive overall brand strategy with ownership of brand platform, architecture, messaging/positioning frameworks to define the message, continually reconfirm our credibility, share positive/combat negative perceptions of the brand to build long-term loyalty.
- Develop and deploy brand guidelines and implement across internal business units to ensure consistency of brand identity, messaging, voice and tone, and visual expressions across organization, product, partner, and customer communications.
- Establish success criteria, KPIs, reporting structure for all brand marketing efforts. Deliver financial analyses for brand development initiatives.
Communications and PR
- Craft overall communications strategy, and lead external media relations including creation and distribution of information to endemic, Olympic and mainstream sports media; manage media and influencer relations, and lead management of media operations on-site at major national cycling events.
- Create or source original content including written features, press releases and newsletters; manage earned and owned media measurement tools.
Media Strategy and Social Media
- Develop media objectives, strategies, and plans to align with business objectives and improve brand metrics.
- Lead social media strategy for the brand, and partner with relevant teams to develop and deploy social media campaigns and influencer marketing strategies.
Agency and Creative Services Management
- Identify and manage relationships with agency partners and freelance support (scope, budget and deliverables) to develop and deploy content, marketing messages, media plans and creative.
- Manage all brand assets (video, visual, photographs, etc.).
Key Initiative Support and Creative Development
- Lead development of creative assets across tactics to support key initiatives across the organization (National Team, Auto-Renewal, Holiday Campaign, etc.).
Base Business Management
- Support internal business units to develop content strategy to engage members/constituents.
- Provide brand counsel to internal / external stakeholders to ensure marketing collateral are aligned with brand guidelines.
- Develop, optimize and track overall marketing budget, including agency fees, production budget and freelance support.
- Execute plan to optimize creative development and find opportunities for savings to maximize budget utilization.
- Consumer Research
In partnership with internal teams (Membership, Event Services, etc.), regularly validate and update USA Cycling’s evolving understanding of its core and target customers, their motivations and purchase behaviors, and adjust product/marketing strategies accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Customer Focus Mindset: Power to build positive, professional relationships with members of the cycling community, and mindset to provide outstanding customer service to USA Cycling members and stakeholders.
Leadership Skills: Proven leadership skills and ability to lead teams, communicate to senior executives, and influence and collaborate across business units. Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm, positive work culture, and foster strategic thinking.
Marketing: Strong record of developing integrated marketing campaigns across various marketing touchpoints and distribution channels; experience in membership models or subscription style businesses desired; experience must demonstrate multiple examples of delivering strong business results driven by marketing initiatives. High proficiency in digital marketing and data-driven marketing desired.
Agency Management: Significant experience working with agency partners (Creative, Media, Digital, PR) to create advertising, communications and media plans, including strategy, targeting, copy, and marketing performance measurement.
Communication Skills: Very strong presentation, verbal and written skills required.
Team Development: Demonstrated success leading and building high-performing teams through recruiting, coaching and training
Industry Experience: Knowledge of cycling industry and bike racing strongly preferred; alternatively, experience with national governing bodies (NGBs) and Olympics movement or collegiate athletics desired. Sports marketing experience required.
Agility and Adaptability: Thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment with a strong capacity to lead multiple, high-priority projects and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly preferred, with 5+ years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, an exciting work environment and inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 5+ years of marketing (B2C) experience?
Why are you interested in USA Cycling?