USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identiﬁes, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion to our mission and shape the future of our organization! We are in an innovative phase within our organization and looking for a change agent to cultivate member experiences that deliver the USA Cycling brand promise of safe, fun, measured and equitable. The ideal candidate will have a background that reﬂects a balance of expertise in technology and the digitally based revenue space to help us evolve our technology platform and products at USA Cycling.
As the Executive Director of Technology and Digital Products we are looking for an individual who has a solid track record of experience in delivering digital products from design to production for large enterprises. As a technology and product development leader, we are interested in your technical expertise, your ability to deliver as well as your product design and customer-ﬁrst approach. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Ofﬁcer, you will ensure USA Cycling’s products and technology are built and leveraged to deliver outstanding experiences for our cycling community. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, your key contribution to the organization will be to drive product innovation and technology leadership during this growth phase while providing a sustainable model for the future.
YOU WILL DO THIS BY
Creating, Delivering, and Managing Product Portfolio and Strategic Architecture-Providing vision and leadership by championing key product and technology initiatives that will transform the way USA Cycling does business internally, with its members, its partners, and other stakeholders; providing continuous innovation and delivery; developing and maintaining an effective organizational structure that supports the needs of the business; identifying and maximizing opportunities for technology efﬁcacy, scalability, and innovation; driving a cohesive strategy balancing short-term wins with long-term maintainability.
Solving Problems-Prioritizing technology projects and managing workload scheduling and resourcing to ensure on-time and on-budget completion; Build and manage internal ticketing program and process.
Communicating-Effectively communicating complex technology needs and challenges to non-technical stakeholders; proactively and productively collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization to strategize and deliver technology initiatives aligned with business initiatives.
Managing People and Budget-Building and managing a budget that includes a prioritized project list, people strategy in support of company-wide goals and initiatives; Planning, structuring, recruiting and hiring for key positions; nurturing and growing a team.
WHO YOU WILL LEAD
Technologists will provide innovative, safe and secure technology solutions that are well designed and developed, scalable, stable, and easy to maintain. They will follow industry standards and best practices, and keep their skills current. This team will also manage the data analytics and CRM platforms that will provide insights and support to business leaders. Other responsibilities include supporting USA Cycling’s internal operations and systems.
Digital Product Managers will have end-to-end responsibility and ownership of technical products. This entails understanding and conveying the vision to development teams, delivering the product with a high level of operational excellence, and owning all the enhancements and defects associated with the products. The team will be adept at traversing multiple stakeholder groups both internally and externally to understand and analyze user needs and translate those needs to designers and technologists whether they are internal staff or partners.
Analysts will provide tools and support to the business teams to learn more about our members and supporters. With the business teams, they will inspire change by communicating research ﬁndings through qualitative (i.e. voice of the customer) and quantitative methods (i.e. analytics) that are convincing and actionable.
Project Managers will develop detailed project plans and manage each project with precision and agility. They will plan for and address issues that will arise with conﬁdence and dexterity and they will know how to mitigate risks of changing business needs.
HOW YOU LEAD
- You are not just a manager but an effective and inspirational leader. People want to work for you. You'll set clear goals to create both challenging and rewarding work, ensuring your teams and partners are highly engaged.
- You are a strong partner and have experience working in a complex, matrixed environment that includes multiple stakeholders. You will effectively communicate between business /
non-technical audiences and technical groups.
- With operational excellence, you will manage project timelines, deployment, operational plans and budgets to ensure that business requirements are met with high quality.
- You will stay up-to-date on technology changes, especially with regard to frameworks, tools and methodologies and will integrate best practices for continuous process improvement.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- A minimum of 10 years' progressive leadership experience (current Director level or above) in a large technology based company
- 10+ years' combined Product and/or Software Development in the SaaS space
- Contemporary orientation and experience with digitally based recurring revenue business models
- 5+ years' building consumer engagement and e-commerce systems
- Prior experience deﬁning and managing product roadmaps and release schedules
- Prior experience managing agile development processes across the enterprise, including scoping and prioritizing multiple development efforts and allocating resources and setting timelines
- Proven experience leading major technology transitions within an organization including implementing a new ERP or CRM system
- Prior experience with business intelligence and advanced analytics systems
- In-depth experience in delivering highly trafﬁcked digital products (B2C or B2B) from design to production. Experience in user research and product design methodologies required
- Strong understanding of system and application architecture including best practices and tradeoffs
- A mix of strategic and tactical ability - you will drive product and technology strategy and provide hands on leadership
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
USA Cycling offers a comprehensive suite of employee beneﬁts, including Health Savings and PPO type health insurance plans, 403B, life insurance and disability insurance. However, the best beneﬁt is the talented and fun people you work alongside every day.
HOW TO APPLY
To pursue this opportunity further, please apply with a current resume/CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and qualiﬁcations.
USA Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.