The Events and Club Services Manager is responsible for a set of events and club services that contribute to the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan. The Events Manager is primarily responsible for the creation, implementation and continued development of a portfolio of events and club services designed to meet member clubs needs and member’s ambitions in our sport. The focus will be to advance USA Field Hockey’s mission in the key strategic areas of serving members and growing the game.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide premium client service to club advocates and be the point of contact at USA Field Hockey to meet their needs in field hockey.
- Provide premium client service to NCAA college coaches and be the point of contact at USA Field Hockey to meet their needs.
- Work with Events and Clubs Services Coordinator and Communications team to establish protocols and oversee process of club information distributed via our digital media.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for portfolio of events and clubs services.
- Manage the Events and Club Services Coordinator to assist with duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and provide a structured portfolio of competitive, showcase and recreational tournaments and sanctioned events at the national, regional and local level.
- Identify a growing portfolio of appropriate venues, conduct bid reviews and site inspections.
- Manage the relationship with each event’s key stakeholders including venue lead, CVB and Sports Commission partners, housing partner and others.
- Develop and implement event-specific marketing programs to achieve the registrations goals for teams for each event.
- Develop and manage each event registration process, online and in person.
- Attend specific national and regional events and conferences to represent USA Field Hockey and build awareness of upcoming events, programs and services.
- Primary responsibility for delivery of a portfolio of events.
- Lead staff review and develop action plan for improvements.
Club Services Duties:
- Manage the Club Rankings.
- Design and implement market research, soliciting quantitative and qualitative inputs from range of stakeholders.
- Overseeing the Club Affiliation Transfer process in WebPoint and jointly reviewing requests and declined club transfers with the Events and Club Services Coordinator as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service, membership and/or event delivery or related field.
- Excellent communicator, responsive to internal and external clients
- Must have excellent customer service skills with the flexibility and tact to work with a variety of staff and clients
- Must be proficient in use of technology to manage Customer Relationship Management systems, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office programs
- Have the ability to concurrently manage several high-priority programs.
- Must have the drive to provide evolving programming to support a growing sport
- Be entrepreneurial and accountable to thrive in a small business environment
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- This is primarily an office position, although some field work will be required. Incumbent will be required do to some light lifting of no more than 40lbs. Long periods of sitting may occur. Field work may consist of standing for long periods of time, crouching, reaching and bending. Field work may also be in areas of high noise levels. Incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate basic office equipment with ease. Travel and work on weekends is a requirement of this position.
Work Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.