The Security Engineer is responsible for all implementation and security support in our cloud based customer platform and internal corporate environment. Utilize a variety of computing architectures (e.g., cloud (AWS, O365, GCP) and collaborate with developers, IT colleagues, and vendors to identify security requirements, assess available technologies. Recommend solution options as needed. As a member of the Information Technology team, you will work across various IT functional areas to develop strategic and implementation plans for our information systems security. Responsible for taking the lead on securing the TVG production Cloud environments, and internal infrastructure services.
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting customer facing applications, internal company infrastructure, and 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and automating the security for a large scale customer facing cloud environment, and internal network.
- Work with IPS and various firewalls to secure the environment.
- Work with multiple DMZ's to secure data flow.
- Stay connected with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep abreast on existing and evolving industry standards, technologies, and cyber threats.
- Assist in design of enhancements to the cloud security strategy for identifying and alerting on appropriate event types
- Responsibilities may include; Active Directory, Linux, containerized applications in GCP and AWS security
- Identify, evaluate and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies and lead development of core architectural components.
- Participate in periodic internal and external security and compliance audits.
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Mentor security analyst, and information technology organization in understanding and adhering to architecture design standards and guidelines.
- Promote knowledge sharing within the technical communities.
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with colleagues to meet customer service expectation levels.
- Provide security support (24/7) and expect to be on call including off business hours, holidays, and weekends, as needed/scheduled.
- Bachelor of science (or equivalent) degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, IT Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field
- 5+ years of applicable technical experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in an Information Security role of increasing responsibility.
- 1+ years of experience securing cloud and containerized applications is required.
- 1+ years of experience working with large, complex networks and systems.
- Must pass State of Oregon Racing Commission background security check.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in a hands-on role setting up and supporting cloud bases customer applications, O365, along with CSA and/or CCSK/CCSP.
- Subject matter expert on leading multiple cyber security projects.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of DDoS, WAF, AV, FIM, IDS/IPS, Encryption and Vulnerability Management, and associated best practices for securing internet facing databases as well as communication between the Internet, multiple DMZ's, and cloud based services.
- Hands-on experience administering, securing and working with O365, AWS, and GCP servers, and containerized applications at scale.
- In depth knowledge of cloud security and design of security on large scale applications supporting high throughput dynamic loads.
- An intimate understanding of technology and be motivated to constantly learn new technologies.
- Experienceunderstanding of security concepts related to cloud (firewall, proxy, key management, IAM, certificate management).
- Knowledge of Vulnerability scanning and/or internal penetration testing.
- PCI/HIPPA/PII rules, and compliance.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines.
- Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps with security aspects to automate where possible deployments of new applications.
- Understanding of Database security.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Ability to write architectural security design documents or review design documents provided by others.
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Must be able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment. Requires the ability to meet pressure deadlines and time constraints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TVG Network/Betfair US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.