Executive Director - NYC with Positive Coaching Alliance in New York · NY
- In conjunction with Board and National PCA staff, develop and implement a successful fundraising plan to raise the required revenue to sustain PCA-New York City and deliver programmatic impact in the chapter
- Cultivate relationships with a pipeline of prospects and solicit donors
- Raise funds for “scholarship” workshops for schools and youth sports organizations (YSOs) serving underserved communities
- Work with the local corporations to support PCA – New York City activities
- Ensure gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner and actively steward donors
- Oversee and manage special events to raise funds and gain new donors
- Work with PCA – New York City Board to develop, implement and evaluate a long-term strategy for PCA
- Work with Board to raise funds necessary to establish long-term viability of PCA – New York City
- Work with Board Chairs and Committee/Task Force Chairs to engage every Board member
- Work with the Board Chairs to schedule, organize agendas and prepare materials for Board Meetings
- Keep the Board informed on financial and programmatic conditions
- Assist Board members in publicizing and promoting PCA – New York CIty through the various networks in creating a “buzz” to enhance success in partnership development, trainer recruitment, fundraising and special events
- Cultivate a talent pool of local leaders as future Board members
- Prepare and manage annual budget and execute sound financial practice
- Meet or exceed annual contribution and earned income goals
- Keep abreast of best practices in the youth sports field and the nonprofit sector
- Recruit, hire & manage PCA – New York City staff in consultation with PCA – New York City Board and relevant national functional directors—Field Operations, Partner Development (sales), Training and Development in PCA headquarters to ensure performance standards are met
- Ensure sound human resource practices are followed, including keeping accurate staff job descriptions and conducting regular performance evaluations
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain an organizational culture reflecting the “PCA Way” so PCA – New York City staff flourish, grow and are successful
- Create a sense of excitement about PCA programs in New York City and surrounding areas
- Reach out to the local media to inform the public about PCA programs and successes
- Develop relationships with business, philanthropic, academic and government leaders
- Build sustainable relationships with local professional sports teams and leading corporations
- Engage Board members to make introductions to influential individuals & organization
- Manage PCA – New York City web site, and edit and publish local newsletter/blog
- Ensure that PCA – New York City events are conducted in professional and appealing manner
- Manage local operations in accordance with PCA National procedures
- Provide input to improving PCA general operating practices
- Serve as resource to Executive Directors in other cities
- Contribute to PCA as a learning organization
- Passion for the PCA cause
- Proven success in nonprofit fundraising and/or commercial sales
- Proven success working with and managing a nonprofit Board
- Proven record of operating an office with full P&L responsibilities
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mind-set, teachable spirit & willingness to think out of the box
- Team player who works cooperatively with all staff, especially the national functional managers
- 5+ years of general management experience
- Professional network within the New York City community
- Outstanding verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Able to work on weeknights and weekends on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Medical, dental and vision
- Long term disability
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 11 holidays a year
- 12 vacation days and 12 sick days starting first year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What makes you feel you are a good fit for PCA?
Do you have prior non-profit management experience? (YES/NO) If yes, please explain
What do you believe is the key to successful fundraising?
What do you see as the role and value of the board in your success as an Executive Director?
What prior experience do you have in youth sports? Playing, coaching, etc.
How much money have your personally raised in a 12 month period?