We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Event Marketing Manager, Missouri
The premier bull riding organization in the world began as a dream of 20 bull riders 25 years ago when the riders broke away from the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and started a circuit for bull riders only. In little more than just two decades, the dream of those 20 bull riders has become a global sports phenomenon. PBR operates tours in five countries, its broadcasts reach nearly half a billion households in 130 territories around the world, and more than 2.5 million fans attend live events each year. In May 2015, PBR was acquired by Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG), a global leader in sports, entertainment, and fashion. Operating in more than 25 countries around the world, the company specializes in talent representation; commercial marketing and endorsements; brand strategy, activation and licensing; media production and distribution; and event management.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is energetic, creative, tactical and analytical with some experience in marketing, media and sponsorship sales as well as have a passion for delivering profitable revenue growth and results that exceed goals.
This individual will have significant impact in growing the profitability of assigned events as well as driving performance and revenue for the PBR. The marketing manager will have oversight and responsibility for live event revenue streams and will be tasked with planning, organizing, executing a strategic plan to achieve PBR’s objective of driving profitable revenue growth as well as staying consistent with the overall Live Events Marketing and Sales strategic vision and corporate direction.
This position reports to the Regional Director of Event Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop, present and execute a comprehensive and clearly defined revenue based business plan that accelerates and achieve aggressive, profitable revenue goals
· Execute a comprehensive marketing, media and promotional plan that utilizes, leverages and maximizes the following: research, media planning and buying, media/3rd party/partnership/sponsor/community promotions, PBR internal assets such as social, digital, live event, editorial and TV
· Prospect, pitch and close local sponsorship/partnership business
· Evaluation of all aspects of live event revenue and ROMI including but not limited to: marketing, advertising, promotion and earned media, research, ticket scaling, sponsorship and sales, non-traditional revenue and third party partners
· Establish and maintain key deadlines as well as develop monitoring procedures for the regional team that are in line with Regional Director of Marketing
· Research, review, identify and establish new and existing contacts and opportunities to drive incremental revenue
· Develop strong relationships with new and potential sponsors to maximize marketability, activation, and usage of PBR intellectual rights
· Act as PBR’s ambassador and advocate and fully integrate with community to leverage and maximize all opportunities for PBR
· Work cross divisionally with internal teams (including Sales, Creative, Digital and Social Media, Public Relations, Special Events, TV, Loyalty Marketing, Ticketing, Merchandise, and Finance/Accounting) to ensure maximization of internal resources for event marketing and sales campaigns
· Work with Finance/Accounting to manage event budgets and drive cost efficiencies
· Forecast revenue projections, perform risk analysis, and manage costs with the marquee events marketing budgets
· Adept in adaptability and change management
· Maintain key metrics and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Regional Director
· Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
· Experience in developing and executing strategic marketing plans and campaigns
· Experience developing, managing budgets and forecasting skills
· Demonstrated successful experience in making written and oral presentations as well as negotiating with media and partners
· Exceptional oral and written communications skills
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Suites (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook)
· Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time –to deliver results on time and under budget
· Ticketing experience or venue box management experience – preferred
· Previous marketing and sales experience - preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
· 2 or more years of experience
· B.A. /B.S. Marketing, Economics, Business, Journalism, Public Relations
· Sports or Live Event Marketing - Preferred
· Normal business hours 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend work
· Position is based out of Kansas City, MO
· Travel to the office, events and meetings up to 50% of the time
· Medical/Dental/Vision/STD-LTD/Life Insurance/401K
· Company provided items, i.e. Lap Top - Computer/Company Phone & Credit Card
· Professional Time Off and Company Wide Observed Holidays