We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital Editor/Communications Coordinator - Pueblo, CO
The premier bull riding organization in the world began as a dream of 20 bull riders 25 years ago when the riders broke away from the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and started a circuit for bull riders only. In little more than just two decades, the dream of those 20 bull riders has become a global sports phenomenon. PBR operates tours in five countries, its broadcasts reach nearly half a billion households in 130 territories around the world, and more than 2.5 million fans attend live events each year. In May 2015, PBR was acquired by Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG), a global leader in sports, entertainment, and fashion. Operating in more than 25 countries around the world, the company specializes in talent representation; commercial marketing and endorsements; brand strategy, activation and licensing; media production and distribution; and event management.
The Digital Editor/Communications Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the editing, development and posting of editorial content for PBR.com, while also assisting in the planning and execution of PBR’s communication and marketing efforts.
This position reports to the Senior Writer/Editor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copy edit and publish press releases, feature articles and blogs to PBR websites (including editing copy, as well as writing headlines, subheads and cutlines, pulling quotes, applying appropriate tags and embedding video)
- Manage editorial photo selections for PBR websites.
- Assist with overall content management on PBR websites and other digital channels.
- Develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of professional bull riding.
- Assist with digital content planning, scheduling and execution for PBR websites and PBR printed publications.
- Copy write, as needed, including company letters, marketing materials, press releases, scripts, video descriptions, and additional editorial content for digital channels.
- Create blogs and other pieces of digital content as needed.
- Assist in the development of initiatives for PBR’s social media channels.
- Coordinate with freelance writers and other content creators to deliver compelling content across all platforms.
- Drive traffic to PBR.com through effective and engaging content.
- Assist in the creation of printed programs (8 Seconds and World Finals) and additional printed products, including content creation, ad inventory management, editing, photo selection and working closely with appropriate parties surrounding layout and design.
- Work cross-departmentally, helping educate and meet the digital/editorial needs of the various departments.
- Support the national PR department by assisting with press release distribution, database maintenance, media research, media event/interview logistical coordination, rider outreach.
- Stay up-to-date on digital industry trends and suggest improvements where possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of Associated Press Style
- Ability to relocate, travel and work weekends/non-traditional hours
- Familiarity with content management systems, digital content best practices, social media platforms, measurement tools, as well as current digital content trends.
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced, time-sensitive sports environment.
- Excellent written, oral and public presentation skills
- Willingness to produce quality photo and video with a mobile device.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Self-motivated and passionate storyteller
- HTML and CSS experience a plus
- Digital Marketing and SEO experience a plus
- Video editing and graphic design experience a plus
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field
- 2 or more years of experience in digital media, preferably sports related
- Normal office hours Monday-Friday
- Weekends and extended hours may be required
- Medical/Dental/Vision/STD-LTD/Life Insurance/401K
- Company provided items, i.e. Lap Top - Computer/Company Phone
- Professional Time Off and Company Wide Observed Holidays