Who We Are:
PBR is the world’s premier bull riding organization. More than 500 bull riders compete in more than 200 events annually across the televised PBR Unleash The Beast tour (UTB), which features the top bull riders in the world; the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour (PWVT); the PBR Touring Pro Division (TPD); and the PBR’s international circuits in Australia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico. In 2022, PBR launched the PBR Team Series—eight teams of the world’s best bull riders competing for a new championship—as well as the PBR Challenger Series with more than 60 annual events nationwide. The organization’s digital assets include PBR RidePass on Pluto TV, which is home to Western sports. PBR is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company. For more information, visit PBR.com, or follow on Facebook at Facebook.com/PBR, Twitter at Twitter.com/PBR, and YouTube at YouTube.com/PBR.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
Position Summary - VP of Touring & Live Event Development
Contribute to all aspects of establishing PBR’s event calendars, from initial venue acquisition and scheduling to operational plan development and event execution. This person will be the main driver of maximizing touring opportunities with venues and locations, developing agreements that fully exhaust revenue opportunities and expense reduction. This position will establish and build relationships with venue operators to identify new markets and opportunities for all current and future tour content. This role will consist of project management, deal structuring, negotiations with venues, tour itinerary proposals and leading budget creation. This person will exhibit the entrepreneurial spirit of the company, being both a subject matter expert in Live Events, and a generalist capable of stepping in to resolve tour/venue disputes for each department - all while growing with the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the President of PBR Properties and President of PBR Core to aggressively grow PBR as a continuing leader in the touring industry, leveraging industry experience and knowledge to support the company’s overall strategic vision.
- Cultivate relationships with venue operators, GMs and arena programmers to establish the best possible and consistent touring schedule with the most event-friendly deals.
- Lead scheduling for all events under the company umbrella, managing multiple tour itineraries and venue calendars simultaneously, including strategically planning stops at certain cities, states, and countries for optimized revenue, attendance, sponsorship and competition purposes.
- Manage Broadcast opportunities on Network, Cable and OTT outlets to ensure event schedules fulfill contractual commitments and are positioned to grow future media rights opportunities.
- Develop and implement aggressive new ideas for touring possibilities, including additional performances, new locations and markets but also different types of venues or attractions.
- Utilize strong business intuition and understanding of financial, legal and customer implications to provide PBR’s Leadership Team with support on decisions to maximize profitability and the continuing creation of a culture of teamwork and inclusion.
- Identify critical tasks and provide resource allocation necessary to achieve desired goals and objectives
- Collaborate with SVP of Consumer Events to maximize opportunity and profitability of ancillary events and shoulder programing.
- Work companywide with marketing, ticketing, production and sponsorship to develop cohesive plans for seamless and successful event execution and EBITDA maximization.
- Facilitate and guide adherence to event modeling, show settlements and overall financial reporting.
- With the support from the Head of PBR Properties, interact continuously with event producers, promoters and partners, in efforts to solidify third party business for PBR managed facilities.
- Create ongoing dialogue with both internal and external stakeholders and industry leaders to expand, promote and strengthen the company’s position within the industry.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- 10+ Years combined experience in event execution and marketing, booking, touring, calendar maximization and routing.
- Ability to creatively identify revenue generating opportunities.
- Established relationships with entertainment venues; proven ability to build strong relationships; possess strong negotiation skills.
- Very Strong financial acumen with historic success in the identification and maximization of revenue opportunities, expense reduction and profitability.
- Talented communicator and strong ability to bring multiple departments and disciplines together to accomplish a goal.
- Ability to work well in a team-orientated, fast-paced, event driven environment
- Proficiency in decision making, analysis and strategic thinking.
- Ability to be a value-added partner for PBR’s Leadership Team consultation.
- Proven ability to concurrently perform multiple duties on strict deadlines under pressure.
- Creative in nature and willing to take calculated risks.
- Analytical with ability to make decisions and recommendations based on data.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.