Las Vegas Lacrosse was launched on July 21, 2021, as the 15th team in the National Lacrosse League (NLL) beginning play in the Fall of 2022. The team is co-owned by Wayne Gretzky, Dustin Johnson, Steve Nash and Joe Tsai. The team will play at MGM Resorts International’s Michelob ULTRA Arena – located inside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
The Vice President, Revenue will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and will be responsible for all functions related to revenue generation, including ticket and suite sales, corporate partnerships, licensing, broadcasting, retail and non-game day events. This leader will be incredibly hands-on; a doer, who will build and lead a sales team to meet and exceed established sales goals and objectives. S/he will also be challenged to digitize the B2C customer-buying journey, helping establish and oversee a digital-native platform for marketing and selling tickets of all packages and tiers, including season tickets.
JOB DESCRIPTION - WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead full build out of ticketing and partnership sales revenue streams and platforms to ensure meeting revenue goals through performance, strategy, and alignment.
- Own key ticketing-related relationships in the Las Vegas and broader regional market with key decision-makers across the corporate and leisure marketplaces, including but not limited to travel brokers, group buyers, casinos, and etc.
- Lead product and asset development across corporate partnership platforms + season, groups, suites, and individual ticket packages.
- Work alongside the VP, Marketing, Communications and Content leader to create a digital-native ticket-buying platform on lasvegaslacrosse.com to drive potential ticket buyers to place season, groups, premium and single game tickets online.
- Develop non-game day revenue opportunities including lacrosse events, camps and clinics.
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment geared at experimentation and learnings.
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting.
- Implement a CRM platform for company-wide use.
- Collaborate with finance and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue goals.
CANDIDATE PROFILE – WHO YOU ARE:
- 8-10 years with sales and e-commerce experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in management roles.
- Proven track record of growing revenue in the retail, ticket sales and/or corporate partnerships space.
- Ideally, an understanding of the hospitality, sports, and entertainment marketplace in Las Vegas and the broader regional area, including but not limited to California, Utah, and Phoenix.
- A solutions-based professional who takes pride in their work and their ability to impact internal and external constituents.
- A get-your-hands-dirty doer excited about placing their stamp on a start-up sports and entertainment franchise.
- An individual committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and will be thoughtful in this respect when hiring, training, and providing performance management to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
May be required to travel on some occasions (<15% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment but upon request will be expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Las Vegas Lacrosse, LLC not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.