Marketing and Communications Manager with National Lacrosse League in Philadelphia · PA
National Lacrosse League jobs
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Marketing and Communications Manager
Are you a passionate integrated marketer who wants to connect with hundreds of thousands of fans? Do you want to build a brand, reach new and avid audiences, and be part of the team driving growth for the top professional lacrosse league? The NLL is seeking a highly spirited and collaborative individual who wants to bring innovation to the league and team initiatives and implement best practices across paid, earned, owned, and social media. You will join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative team of top sport executives and savvy marketers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as point of contact for all NLL teams on marketing and social strategy including leading a monthly best practice call
- Collect data and reports from each team’s Marketing, Media, and PR efforts and provide monthly insights.
- Collect annual and game day media guides from all teams and maintain the archive
- Assist all NLL teams with execution of digital strategic direction including platform growth and incremental revenue
- Collaborate with broadcast and content team to plan and schedule the rollout of short and long form content. Work with Digital Producer to ideate, pitch, and execute social content built for each platform
- Manage NLL social media channels including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Reddit, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Make certain all social media profiles are accurate and active
- Community management
- Provide social media data and analytics
- Work with graphic designer to develop interesting, relevant and timely content to post on all social channels. Bonus if s/he has graphic design skills
- Assist with website content, updates and maintenance, and provide ongoing reporting to NLL, teams, and agency partners
- Manage digital content and up to date publishing for NLL.com including news, headlines, images, video, links, highlights, player profiles, team links, etc. including the creation of a content schedule and strategy for increased engagement
- Moderating weekly NLL coaches and player media conference call in-season
- Review, analyze, forecast, manage and provide reporting on the digital media assets and OTT platform performance
- Provide digital advertising thought-leadership by staying current with new advertising trends, mandates and best practices. Collaborate with Digital Media Consultants to develop new opportunities to grow existing AMAs and media value
- Work with graphic designer to build any paid media creative assets
- Responsible for the placement and progress of the league's Team Beat Writer interns based in team markets.
- Assist with coordination of NLL special events including Finals, Season Awards Ceremony, Jr. NLL tournament, Combine, and Draft
- Facilitate NLL awards process including nominations and balloting for monthly and season player awards along with annual Hall of Fame voting
- Assist in the rollout of league-wide CSR marketing initiatives with partners and be the point of contact with each of the teams to localize the efforts
- This role will have one direct report and oversee interns
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, business
- Minimum of 3-5 years in digital and social media marketing
- Including social media strategy development, campaign management, calendar planning, editorial writing and content creation, community management and performance analysis
- Able to develop social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels, authentic to the brand, and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop skills a bonus
- Skills: MS Office, Slack/Teams, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, social media analytics, social listening tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What brands do you like or follow on social media and why?
What are three components of a successful inbound or digital marketing strategy?