Social Media Internship - Fall 2019 - The New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
The New York Lizards Digital Media Department is looking for a well-qualified social media intern for the Fall of 2019 with experience working in the field. The purpose of our department is to develop, schedule, and maintain the content provided on all New York Lizards and New York Lizards Dance Team social media channels.
Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Digital Media Coordinator in creation and development of content to distribute each week across all social media platforms
- Help with scheduling and implementing a monthly, weekly, daily social media calendar.
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real time
- Provide social coverage on training camp, game days, and other live events
- Develop content for Instagram stories and live game day Tweets
- Assist in developing and updating website content
- A degree in marketing, communications, social media, or a related field
- Ability to shoot video and have knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Knowledge about lacrosse, the MLL, and the New York Lizards.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
- Must have flexible hours including weekends and nights.
- Attention to detail and creativity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.