Merchandising and Equipment Internship - Fall 2019 - The New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for 2019 Fall Merchandising Interns who will report directly to Merchandising Department.
Lizards' internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
Responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with weekly inventory counts before and after special events
- Fulfill online orders
- Assist with fulfillment of custom jersey orders
- Assist with management of the teams online store
- Assist in inventory counts of Coaching Staff & Players’ equipment
- Supervise all merchandise sales during special events and serve as main contact for other interns and fans with merchandise related inquiries
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of merchandise tent at all special events
- Assist with marketing efforts directly relating to merchandise sales
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
- Must be able to attend special events as necessary. Night and weekends may be required.
- Available beginning late August 2019 through early December 2019 for the Fall semester.
- Majors: Merchandising, Business/Management or Marketing
- Excellent writing and computer skills, APA style knowledge and Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop knowledge a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.