Role Profile: IT Service Technician
Reports To: IT Service Lead
Hands-on experience with the following systems are expected on a regular basis:
- Dell KACE (or other scripted imaging tools)
- Meraki Systems Manager (MDM)
- Windows Active Directory
- Office 365 (E1, E3, Office 365, Azure P1)
- FreshService (or other modern helpdesk ticketing systems)
- Slack/Slack integrations
- iOS / Android devices
- VoIP softphone and messaging systems
Below is a breakout of what we expect would be typical time spent in an average week. Acquisitions, during integration period, tend to generate a lot of helpdesk requests which will alter the breakdown.
- Take initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and manage relatively simple hardware, software or network problems
- Log call / walk-up activity
- Resolve more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge
- Recognize and escalate more difficult problems to Tier 3 support
- Install operating system software, patches and upgrades
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and networking issues
- Configure, optimize and monitor operating system software and servers
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Role requires a formal education in Information Systems and at least 2 years of corporate IT experience.
- Excellent interpersonal "soft skills" are highly desired. Applying expertise in an outgoing, positive, patient way.
The hours of work are those required to undertake your appointed duties and responsibilities to the satisfaction of the company and as necessitated by business. Psychological stress is moderate-to-high. The Employee is required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, crouch and twist while completing moderate lifting. The Employee may regularly have to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds, and occasionally may be required to lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds. Work will be completed in a climate controlled office. There may be long periods of time when the employee is required to work on and look at a computer, as well as type and process entry in a keyboard. The employee is required to see and hear to perform the regular duties of the position. The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
According to the Robert Half guide, the tasks in this 75% can be described in standardized titles as a 70/30 split between Helpdesk Tier 1 & 2.
According to the Robert Half guide, the tasks in this 10% can be described as a standardized title of Systems Administrator.