THE CSM WAY
We take pride in the work we do. Therefore, it is important for all our team members to
embody characteristics of the CSM Way, and exemplify this through our work. The CSM Way is
not so much a tangible set of guidelines as it is a mindset or philosophy, guided by the
principles for which we want our company represented: the highest quality client service,
building true partnerships with our clients, building on the experience of our team and of our
history, balancing life and work, respecting fellow CSM teammates, creativity, passion,
leadership, and teamwork.
All CSM teammates should encompass and reinforce our core principles related to good
management, of both programs and people.
Additionally, the below items and traits are key to the growth of each individual:
- Demonstrates proactive leadership
- Approaches work with dedication and passion
- Thinks strategically and big picture
- Is consistent in communication and shows attention to detail
- Focuses on creating value
- Strives for greatness every day
- Never settles…never
We are searching for driven and motivated individuals to join our team for the Spring semester.
The internship will be 4 months long with a start date of January 13, 2020.
We prefer candidates that can spend 3-5 days a week with us. This is an unpaid internship;
however, we offer college credit and a travel stipend.
Creative Department Description:
CSM’s creative department is looking for a Design Intern to work with our band of multidisciplinary designers, thinkers, and tinkerers. This person will have the opportunity to contribute directly to projects that range from big, stunty experiences to small branding projects. Applicants must be grounded thinkers, be receptive to feedback, and understand that the experience of learning includes doing the mundane.
We like people who have a wide-range of interests, are attuned to culture—low to high-brow, have more questions than answers, and thinks about design as something that fundamentally shifts how we interact with the world-at-large.
- Designing elements for events and marketing campaigns ranging from logos to collateral to digital graphics to signage to spaces and environments
- Attending and contributing to brainstorms for all types of clients and projects
- Learning from an array of designers, art directors and creative directors with knowledge in both graphic and experiential design
- Expanding your knowledge of graphic design and learn the ins and outs of spatial/environmental design
- Producing real work for real clients that can be included in your portfolio
- Collaborating with the rest of the company’s intern class on a large project that you will be a part of from concept to completion
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Command of fundamental design principles (color, composition and hierarchy)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of presentation software including Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and accept creative direction from senior team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members
- You are currently in pursuit of a college degree (Undergraduate or Graduate)
- You must be able to receive academic credit for the internship
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (link to website or PDF deck)
CSM North America, a member of the London-based CSM Sport & Entertainment global
network of agencies, is a leading consulting, marketing solutions, and brand experience
company. Headquartered in New York City, the company conceives, designs, markets, and
measures global brand experiences. Our core experience and proven track record are in the
areas of management consulting, creative-concepting and design, brand marketing, and
activation. We specialize in engaging audiences who are passionate about sport, music,
entertainment, and social impact. With offices nationwide and hundreds of teammates, we’re
proud of the award-winning campaigns we’ve delivered for many of the world’s leading brands,
properties, and non-profits over the last two decades.
CSM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work