The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Recognized for excellence through distinguished events, world-class athletes, and quality products, IRONMAN® has grown to more than 250 events around the world. In June 2017, IRONMAN® acquired the Rock n Roll Marathon Series, the largest running series in North America with close to 20 events and hosting more than 400,000 athletes yearly.
Reporting to the Director, Endemic & Expo Sales, the Account Executive, Expo Sales will be responsible for driving Expo revenue for all properties (i.e. IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3 & Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series) within assigned region. They will be responsible for achieving the company objectives of sales, growth and profitability while ensuring to align IRONMAN with the proper brands and partners.
- Daily outreach to prospects/clients for renewal and new business
- Prompt follow up on any inbound inquiries sent from Director, Endemic & Expo Sales
- Log daily activity and opportunities into Microsoft CRM database
- Follow contract submission processes to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare weekly sales report
- Develop new ideas and programs for sales team to sell and drive revenue
- Identify and target prospects for your products within your respective region
- Prepare exciting and creative proposals to attract new business opportunities
- Prepare contractual agreements for sponsors in accordance with company policy
- Attend trade shows to identify new business opportunities and network
- Host branded functions or face-to-face meetings with clients and/or prospects
- Assist with Partnership Activation team on an as needed basis
- Liaise with the service teams regularly to ensure sponsor/vendor satisfaction in and around the building on deliverables according to contract and growing clients into larger programs
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in sales, with an emphasis on phone sales; sports-related background is helpful, but not required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to drive sales metrics.
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM or other CRM databases
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.