This position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of financial reporting and corporate
accounting functions to support a timely, accurate financial statement close process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with US GAAP for
assigned areas including fixed assets, intangible assets, prepaid and deferred event activities,
accruals, as well as other areas assigned from time to time.
- Supports updating key revenue schedules and reconciliations including sponsorship,
licensing, and other areas.
- Prepares certain balance sheet reconciliations for corporate, domestic, and international
- Follows up and resolves exceptions noted, including working with company personnel to reach conclusions on balances or activity.
- Supports validation of period-end financial results by assessing completeness of month-end
close activities, reviewing GL coding for inconsistencies, considering the potential impact of
post-close activity on period-end balances, and other reviews.
- Prepares certain recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries and reviews entries
made by staff accountants as well as those submitted by international and other teams.
- Actively participates in and contributes to process improvement initiatives, and strives to
identify efficient and effective solutions for completing assigned tasks
- Assists with monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis of changes from prior
- Assists with preparation of financial statement schedules and footnotes in assigned areas of
- Supports external audit and review requests.
- Teams with global financial personnel and other departments (e.g., FP&A, treasury) to ensure
coordination among functions for the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as requested by the GL team and controller.
- Education and work experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related work experience
- World Triathlon Corporation
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent organizational skill and interpersonal communication.
- Experience working with global companies and multiple currencies preferred.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; can recognize and elevate problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine issues.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer-service oriented.
- Able to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented and works effectively under pressure while meeting applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.