This position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of financial reporting and corporate accounting functions to support a timely, accurate financial statement close process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures distributed to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with IFRS for assigned areas including debt, leases, intercompany, business combinations, and other areas in the general ledger for corporate, domestic, and international subsidiaries.
- Contributes to technical accounting research for new accounting principles and application of accounting principles to new business transactions or arrangements.
- Prepares certain balance sheet reconciliations for corporate, domestic, and international subsidiaries. Follows up and resolves exceptions noted, including working with company personnel to reach conclusions on balances or activity.
- Prepares certain recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries and reviews entries made by staff accountants as well as those submitted by international and other teams.
- Assists with monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis of changes from prior periods.
- Supports external audit and review requests.
- Teams with global financial personnel and other departments (e.g., FP&A, treasury) to ensure coordination among functions for the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as requested by the GL team and controller.
Education and work experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related work experience
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent organizational skill and interpersonal communication.
- Experience working with global companies and multiple currencies preferred.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; can recognize and elevate problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine issues.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer-service oriented.
- Able to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented and works effectively under pressure while meeting applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.