Regional Marketing Specialist (remote position)
The Marketing department is tasked with generating and converting demand for Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business. The Regional Marketing Specialist position is focused on Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN events. This position will play a key support role to the regional marketing team in planning and executing all aspects of regional event marketing plans. The ideal candidate for this role possesses strong organizational skills, creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- Play key support role to regional marketing manager team in planning and execution of marketing plan details for assigned events.
- Support regional marketing team in gathering necessary information that will help aid in the design of the marketing plan development for assigned events.
- Responsible for writing email copy for assigned events that reflect the positioning and strategy set forth in the overall marketing plan for each event.
- Responsible for updating website content, social media posting and the development of athlete communications.
- Coordinate the development of campaign assets and oversee the trafficking of them to internal and / or external resources for campaign execution.
- Aid the regional marketing manager team in coordinating activity in market to help build and foster community relationships within assigned event communities.
- Work closely with CRM, Athlete Development, Athlete Services, Creative Services, Brand and Digital teams in all aspects of marketing plan execution.
- Support in the execution of in market events, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years marketing experience
- 1-2 years experience with or exposure to digital marketing including social media and email marketing
- 1-2 years experience in local grassroots marketing
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for endurance sports and an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to travel 25-30%
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.