The Marketing department is tasked with generating and converting demand for Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business.
This Regional Marketing Coordinator position is focused on IRONMAN events. With a portfolio of events throughout the US and Canada, the Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for designing strategic, overall event marketing programs that deliver participants against budgeted athlete targets. The Regional Marketing Coordinator brings strong project management skills, creativity, multichannel thinking, organization, analytical aptitude, teamwork and confident leadership to every problem or opportunity.
Spearhead comprehensive regional marketing plans and manage implementation with event mangers and regional leadership.
- Craft marketing approach for specific events, which adapt national product offerings or messages so that they resonate with consumers in each specific locale.
- Create promotional plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets and manage their implementation in partnership with creative services and the marketing department
- Lead email communication efforts for portfolio of events including strategy, targeting and content creation.
- Build and nurture in-market relationships to build brand awareness, community engagement, and drive registrations
- Lead local community and grassroots efforts in market by building local relationships and executing programs within the community and industry groups.
- Work closely with functional leads within the Customer Engagement; Brand, Programs, & Athlete Development; Digital; Creative Services; Global Partnerships; and Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels such as email, print, out of home, digital and grassroots marketing to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and athlete satisfaction goals.
- Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets, using firsthand observation, quantitative and qualitative data about the industry, consumers, places and categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years marketing experience
- 1-2 years' experience with or exposure to digital marketing including search, display, social media and email marketing
- 1-2 years' experience in local grassroots marketing
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for endurance sports and an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to travel 25-30%
Candidate must be able to demonstrate
- Multi touchpoint campaign implementation and management
- Project leadership
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Mass marketing experience
- Experience delivering a project against clear metrics
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.