About the IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, UTMB World Series events including Lavaredo Ultra Trail, Kullamnnen Ultra Tai and Tarawera Ultra, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and gravel racing like Gravel Epic®, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business.
About the job
The IRONMAN Group is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join its Global Partnership Services team. The Global Partnership Services team is responsible for the delivery of services and relationship management of all fee-based and value-in-kind commercial partnerships across The IRONMAN Group portfolio of events. We measure our success by the number of partners in our ecosystem, the size and growth of those partnerships, and partner satisfaction.
The Account Manager will sit in the North America region and report to the Director of Partner Services for North America. This role will manage a selection of commercial partners and be responsible for the success of these partnerships, including developing the partnership strategy and campaigns, managing stakeholder relationships, reporting and renewals.
Key to this role is quickly understanding each partner’s business and objectives, and helping them understand how best to leverage their partnership assets to realize their goals. Critically, the Account Manager must collaborate well cross-functionally and with stakeholders of all levels, to develop and execute compelling campaigns for partners. This is a high-volume role, requiring multiple partner engagements each week and travel to events (approximately 8-12 per year).
- Be the key point of contact for partners with the purpose of managing and delivering their sponsorship assets in line with their business objectives, ensuring all contractual rights are delivered to the highest standard
- Planning, implementation, and assessment of effective partner campaigns using contractual assets. This includes story development, goals and objectives, strategy, delivery of the campaign assets, working to deadlines and reporting
- Elevating partnership assets “off the page” by developing and leading the execution of multifaceted campaigns that don’t just recycle old ideas but build upon best practices and bring in new elements to provide unique value and “stickiness” to the partnership
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with each partner account
- Schedule and lead regular status calls and meetings based upon partner account size to ensure open and structured communication
- Liaise with the various internal departments, including Operations, Marketing, Digital, Merchandise, among others, to ensure the smoothest delivery of the partners’ assets
- Initiate and assist in managing contractual changes including renewals
- Work with Finance to facilitate payments when necessary, as well as to flag potential financial issues
- Attend races, including weekends, as required to meet with partners, manage activations and represent the Global Partnerships Department
- Expected travel: 20%
Key skills, qualities and competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with key client stakeholders across multiple levels
- Ability to influence without direct authority especially cross-functionally
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent judgment and ability to think quickly and calmly under pressure
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, a positive attitude, team building and a development mentality
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
3 years of full-time professional relevant work experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Experience with CRM or Sponsorship Sales & Service activity tracking systems (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Base, etc.)
Account Management experience with a proven track-record of delivering impactful engagements that drive business results
Understanding of digital media landscape and working knowledge of social media platforms
Proven track record of managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.