Legal Administrative Assistant for the IRONMAN Legal Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative and clerical support for Legal Department, both on an ongoing and a project-by-project basis
- Coordinate document production and management:
- Assist with word processing and document formatting
- Assist with preparation of various types of documents
- Arrange signing of contracts, filings, and other documents and file fully executed contracts
- Manage shared legal drive (organization, uploading, etc.)
- Scan, copy, print, email, process, organize, file, and distribute contracts, filings, and other documents
- Lead creation and maintenance of legal files (online and physical)
- Liaise with off-site document storage facility for service; submit document-pull requests; update and maintain internal storage inventory
- Manage collection, organization, and long-term storage of signed athlete waivers and other important documents
- Collect/file all pre- and post-race documentation from Operations Department & Athlete Services Department (e.g., athlete waivers, venue permits, medical reports, race communications logs, etc.)
- Assist with document due diligence review for business transactions, and with discovery on litigation matters
- Process/track outside counsel and legal vendor invoices; assist Finance Department in collecting statements of account and quarterly legal fee accruals
- Prepare/maintain Legal Department meeting agendas/minutes; arrange logistics of meetings and other events
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and notices
- Assist in race sanctioning compliance (e.g., scan/file/process USAT Membership Forms)
- Manage legal vendor and outside counsel contact lists
- Manage Legal Department calendar
- Update/maintain team SharePoint site (Legal Team PTO, intern schedule, template library, useful forms, etc.)
- Collect/submit Legal Department supplies orders; prepare/submit expense reports for Legal Department staff
- Provide general case management support for staff attorneys and paralegals; prepare and maintain internal case files; prepare, organize, and maintain reference binders for Chief Legal Officer and Paralegal
- Update and organize corporate governance document binders; assist with domestic business filings
- Entry of contract data into anticipated contract management system (CMS); assist with maintenance of CMS
- Other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Highly skilled in word processing and document creation and formatting; use of most Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, etc.) and Internet browsers such as Google Chrome.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Identifies problems, and takes initiative to solve them; knows when to escalate decision-making on relevant problems
- Excellent judgment and discretion; maintains confidentiality of legal or personnel matters
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines
- Friendly, courteous, professional, and customer-service oriented
- Remains calm and professional in stressful situations
- Able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
PLUS FACTORS (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Prior law firm or corporate legal department work experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.