This position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of general accounting functions to support accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of transactions in the general ledger in accordance with IFRS.
- Prepares cash account reconciliations, including compiling and evaluating cash account reconciliations from foreign subsidiaries
- Prepares recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries including checking calculations, reviewing supporting documentation, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Prepares timely and accurate reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts, including accounts payable and accounts receivable reconciliations, for domestic and foreign operations. Provides timely resolution for all exceptions noted and follows up on all outstanding issues.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset System and prepares monthly roll-forwards of activity.
- Assists with other departmental and month-end close responsibilities including intercompany invoicing and reconciliation, prepayment and deferral analyses, and other tasks.
- Teams with global financial personnel and other departments (e.g., FP&A, treasury) to resolve questions or understand transactions.
- Provides support to the GL team and Controller in preparation for the external audit and interim reviews.
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as requested by the GL team, Accounting Manager, and Controller.
Education and work experience
- Pursuing bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
Skills and knowledge
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet required deadlines.
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer-service oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor in stressful situations.
- Uses excellent judgment to identify issues, determine possible causes, and bring matters to resolution.
- Self-motivated and productive, able to work independently on assignments.
- Establishes and maintains a professional atmosphere for team members and internal clients.
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.