Working under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, this position is primarily responsible for managing, directing and planning of group benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, workers comp, travel and accident, 401(k) retirement and other plans. The position is also responsible for managing, overseeing and processing of all benefit vendor related invoicing and reconciliation efforts in partnership with Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the organization’s benefits (e.g., 401(K), medical leave policies FMLA, LTD, STD etc.) and wellness programs.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollment information in Paylocity (HRIS) providing vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Manages compliance with provisions of ERISA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and COBRA.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Researches and analyzes benefit plans, programs, and policies.
- Coordinates annual, quarterly and monthly employee initiative/events such as Learning Labs to ensure employees maximize their utilization of IM’s benefit package.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Ensures timely payment of monthly premiums/invoices.
- Manages benefit enrollments, determine employee eligibility and process life status changes.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues, reimbursements and plan changes.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Manages the 401(k) annual catch-up contribution enrollment in partnership with Payroll.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Update and maintain employee benefit records in partnership with Payroll and HR Manager.
- Assist employees understand the different benefit options in an effort to make an informed decision.
- Collaborate and maintain professional communication with accounting department in reconciliation of benefit invoices.
- Monitors government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends.
- Work closely with HR team and insurance brokers.
- Leads annual benefit open enrollment initiatives.
- Overseeing the maintenance of employee benefits records through on-line data in Paylocity.
- Maintaining and monitoring employee insurance program/policies, bids, claim problems, network development and insurance education for employees.
- Reviews deduction/contribution reports for each payroll.
- Prepares special reports as requested.
- Acts as a liaison between all health plan representatives and employee benefits.
- Preparing and developing communication and educational materials regarding the benefits package.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and work experience:
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable Federal & State Law (Florida, California, Hawaii)
- 6+ years of experience as a Benefits Administrator or Specialist
- 3+ years of experience with self-funded medical plans
- In-depth knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, STD, LTD and other benefit plans.
- Hands-on experience with Paylocity preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail, critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and collaborator across departments.
- Excellent written, verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel.
- Must possess Intermediate to Advance excel skills.
- BS in Human Resources, business or related field preferred but experience and/or other training/certification may be substitute for education.
- Ability to adapt within a changing environment.
- Respects highly confidential matters.
- Self-directed, proactive, innovative.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.