The Director of Athlete Development and Programs position is responsible for leading the strategic development of the Athlete Development programs for the triathlon and running brands within the North America portfolio. These programs focus on bringing new athletes to our sports and series. The responsibilities include the development and management of existing programs including All World Athlete Program, Club Programs, the IRONMAN Become One Program, and other first timer initiatives to increase athlete counts and drive revenue growth. This position is also responsible for leading the development of programs to support and grow our running portfolio, including the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series. This leader will manage a team who support critical execution of each program.
· Responsible for managing & developing the IRONMAN portfolio of Athlete Development Programs to attract, retain, and develop athletes throughout our endurance ecosystem.
· Create and manage marketing initiatives/programs aimed at growing first timer participation within the triathlon and running portfolio.
· Be steadfast in analyzing customer retention issues and acquisition opportunities to drive engagement.
· Manage, and develop existing programs including TriClub, Run Club, Become One and any other programs aimed at growing the number of athletes.
· Collaborate with multiple internal and external resources to drive engagement, program growth and incremental registrations per racing athlete.
· Drive programs within the marketing team and partner with Event Marketing, Creative Services, Social Media, Email Marketing, Digital Platforms, and Content.
· Manage annual budget preparation, management and forecasting. Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
· Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
Skills & Knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, major in marketing, business, communication, or related field preferred
· Experience with athlete programs or relevant marketing initiatives preferred
· Familiarity with running, triathlon and cycling events, event planning and/or race operations preferred
· Personal interest in running, triathlon and/or cycling is a plus
· Passion for IRONMAN – ideal candidate is an athlete and has an understanding of IRONMAN culture
· Strong skills in budgeting, leadership, organization, motivation, team building, communication, listening, analysis and accountability
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.