A central pillar of IRONMAN’s growth plan is to evolve towards a more consumer-centric company. And while events will continue to be a key driver of their business, as they have been for decades, IRONMAN is broadening its reach outside of events to focus on the athlete journey. This position will primarily focus on driving and delivering the global content strategy across our connected fitness products. Specifically, IRONMAN intends to develop a subscription product will allow athletes to be better prepared for their races and have their best day on race day. Connected fitness is an opportunity for IRONMAN to engage with customers throughout their journey and will not only build an entirely new business for the company but will also enhance existing live events.
We're currently building out a product management team and looking to hire our Director of content for our connected fitness products. We’re looking for a strategic, experienced, and collaborative leader who has a passion for content and enjoys spearheading the end-to-end content lifecycle of a product. This is a cross-functional and high-impact role that will be critical in delivering the core value of our connected fitness ecosystem to our customers.
The role will report directly to the Global VP of Product and you’ll get direct, hands-on experience working with the executive team to help define what our content strategy, content supply chain, and execution at The Ironman Group. You will be a critical voice of the product content needs as customer value in the entire product lifecycle from needs identification and prioritization, through design and release iterations, and finally through the commercial launch and success monitoring.
- Lead the development, planning, distribution and execution of content and SEO strategies.
- Drive the content strategy and content pipeline that delivers greatest value to our connected fitness customers across a variety of content channels (blogs, website, video, podcast etc)
- Collaborate closely with Product and other stakeholders to ensure the connected fitness content aligns with audience trends and interests and the product goals and priorities
- Create and maintain content production processes and standards.
- Lead a group of internal and external content creators to deliver well-executed and thought provoking content.
- Partner closely with our Product, Digital, Marketing, Technology, Operations, and external teams to drive standard methodologies, identify testing opportunities, and develop roadmaps
- Partner with the technology team from site technical standpoint to deliver a website with best-in-class performance
- Understand our competitive landscape and be the expert on how we differentiate and position
- Manage in market relationships and leverage marketing opportunities with strategic partners.
- Manage a global program, ensuring best practices are scaled globally and resources are invested where they have the highest impact
- 5+ years of B2C content experience at a high-growth company and/or fitness company
- Experience delivering high-quality customer facing content, technologies or platforms with proven ability to execute
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Strong product thinking and ability to prioritize
- Analytical mindset and a drive for continuous testing and optimization
- Are curious by nature and excited to learn about how technology will impact the fast-growing connected fitness ecosystem
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and Digital Asset Management platforms
- Experience working in agile methodology
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A passion for endurance sports and an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to travel 25%
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.