JOB DESCRIPTION: CORPORATE PARALEGAL (Full Time, Exempt)
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida (IRONMAN World Headquarters)
The IRONMAN Group seeks qualified applicants for its CORPORATE PARALEGAL position at its world headquarters in Tampa, Florida (work will be conducted remotely until further notice). The worldwide leader in endurance sports, The IRONMAN Group is a high-growth, international organization that owns and operates mass-participation athletic events under brands such as IRONMAN®, ROCK ‘N’ ROLL® MARATHONS, CAPE EPIC®, SINGAPORE MARATHON, and CITY2SURF®, among many other triathlons, marathons, and road-cycling, mountain-bike, ultra-trail, and other athletic events, and related programs such as IRONMAN UTM and IRONMAN VIRTUAL RACING (VRTM). Together with its scores of subsidiaries and licensees, The IRONMAN Group offers the world’s largest participation endurance sports platform by operating more than 230 events annually across 50+ countries – including the iconic IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP® in Hawaii, first held in 1978. In 2020, The IRONMAN Group became part of Advance (www.advance.com), a private family-owned business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage input of contracts and other data within department contract management system
- Propose, develop, and continuously hone best practices for use of contract management system (e.g., tagging, structure, permissions, approvals workflow, etc.)
- Intellectual Property:
- Attend/schedule biweekly IP calls with Senior Counsel and outside IP counsel.
- Support management of Trademarks and Copyrights Portfolio (collecting evidence of use, signatures, certifications, etc.)
- Assist with cease and desist communications
- Monitor IP email inbox, and manage external requests for trademark usage
- Corporate Governance:
- Prepare/submit online corporate filings (state d/b/a’s & fictitious names, etc.) and coordinate with registered agents
- Prepare and provide legal documents as required by third parties (certificates of good standing, verification of legal entity, certified true copies of Officer/Director identification, etc.)
- Maintain corporate governance records for all subsidiaries globally
- Act as project manager and facilitator for global entity changes
- Prepare board resolutions and other corporate governance documents
- Facilitate KYC and UBO requests
- Manage implementation of and maintain corporate entity management platform
- Drafting & Document Support:
- Prepare initial drafts of sponsorship agreements, NDAs, independent contractor agreements, sweepstakes and contest rules (and other template-based contracts/instruments), for review by staff attorneys
- Prepare initial drafts of letters and other correspondence
- Review press releases, as may be requested by staff attorneys
- Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations, other documents
- Department Workflow/Organization:
- Assist with monitoring general Legal email inbox; coordinate/distribute requests sent to that inbox
- Work with Legal Administrative Assistant to coordinate signature requests and distribute/file fully executed contracts as appropriate
- Other Duties:
- Mail/FedEx; notary services; create closing binders; other clerical matters when Legal Administrative Assistant unavailable; other special projects, as may be requested
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of prior corporate/transactional law firm or in-house legal department work experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Highly skilled in word processing and document creation, the use of most Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint etc.) and Internet browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Identifies problems, and takes initiative to solve them; knows when to escalate decision-making on relevant problems
- Excellent judgment and discretion; maintains confidentiality of legal or personnel matters
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Friendly, courteous, professional, and customer-service oriented
- Remains calm and professional in stressful situations
- Able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
PLUS FACTORS (BUT NOT REQUIRED TO START):
- Familiarity with Diligent, Onit, and/or Visual Lease
- Paralegal certificate and/or Florida Registered Paralegal designation
- Notary Public certification
- The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.