Community Relations Coordinator
Being a Community Relations Coordinator with the IRONMAN Foundation means providing nonprofit support and engagement that impacts the mission of the Foundation and leaves the IRONMAN legacy behind in our host communities at IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon events. As a Community Relations Coordinator, you are responsible for providing public relations and marketing support, building synergies with each our grant recipients, interacting with IRONMAN Foundation athletes and program participants as well as provide IRONMAN-level service and support to create a life-changing experience for both our participants and recipient organizations. This role focuses heavily on the importance of strengthening relationships, providing exemplary customer service, identifying beneficial public relations opportunities, and acting as an IRONMAN Foundation ambassador. You work for an organization that creates a positive lasting impact in our communities while helping our athletes/participants have a
meaningful experience through Foundation programs at our events.
• Assist Community Relations Manager to
o Serve as a liaison between the IMF and community partners
o Build synergies between the IMF and major grant and volunteer grant recipients in our
o Develop and manage 10-20 service project opportunities annually
o Provide support and oversight to the Community Fund, Volunteerism grant program, and
other partnership grant opportunities
o Interact with program participants and community partners at IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’
Roll Marathon events
• Collaborate and assist in the management of all IMF digital & marketing channels (web, social
media, newsletters, ironman.com articles, etc.)
• Provide support to all Foundation programs as needed
Key Success Indicators/Attributes:
• Exhibit strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and be open-minded, as well as communicate new ideas
that add value to the team.
• Ability to self-motivate and self-direct; possess strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships with internal/external partners and program participants
• Knowledge and experience in a wide range of current nonprofit and endurance-based programs
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple responsibilities
• Strong background in marketing
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Ability to travel extensively between April and November.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with preferred fields of study in
- Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations, or related field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 1 year of professional work experience in business, nonprofit, finance, communications, marketing, sales, operations, event production, experiential travel or social media
- Degree in business, marketing, communication or nonprofit management
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in QuickBooks, and nonprofit back end and peer to peer fundraising systems
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants and how each platform is used in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of various social media management tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly collaborative style
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public speaking skills
- Presentation skills
- High Energy Level
This position reports to the Community Relations Manager and is based out of the IRONMAN Foundation office in Tampa, FL. The position will require the support of the Foundation in an exposition environment with the employee standing for long periods and having the ability to lift 40 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.