Unlimited Vacation, Mental Health Days, 100% paid medical benefits for employee and so much more!
At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon, all things multisport, and the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about growing and supporting the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports, transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier all while representing our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
Our guiding principles are service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. We focus on listening and innovation to ensure we deliver best-in-class governance, provide comprehensive constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic movement.
We work hard to serve the triathlon community and strive to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement. We’ve been included on Front Office Sports’ “Best Employers in Sports” list twice (’20, ’21), selected twice as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” and received the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018, 2019 and 2021.
We achieve these great heights by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. And we reward our teammates with unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come join us in Colorado Springs, the city ranked No. 2 in US News & World Report’s 2022-2023 Best Place to Live survey, be a part of the thriving Olympic & Paralympic movement, and hone your professional skills as you create opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
This position is responsible for assisting the Associate General Counsel in managing risk and compliance for the Legal and Compliance Team at USA Triathlon. The position plays a critical role in ensuring alignment with U.S. Center for SafeSport (Center) and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) requirements. In addition to managing these two programs, this position will oversee USA Triathlon’s insurance program and will support governance related responsibilities. The team member will be successful at building strong relationships across the organization, committees, and constituent groups to manage risk, compliance, and insurance for the organization.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages risk and compliance team under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel
- Proactively manages SafeSport training and compliance requirements established by the Center
- Ensures compliance with SafeSport administrative and at owned event audits
- Manages background check system for all employees and constituents
- Oversees responding to constituent questions regarding Center requirements
- Ensures compliance with USOPC and Center audit requirements
- Manages USA Triathlon’s insurance program and annual insurance renewal process
- Prepares standard operating procedures regarding risk mitigation
Supports Associate General Counsel with legal and governance projects including ensuring the organization is in alignment with USA Triathlon Bylaws
- Manages election requirements, committee training and term limits, and officer elections and other governance related responsibilities as needed
Collaborates with other USA Triathlon business units, Board of Directors, USA Triathlon Foundation, Committees and other external agencies
- Educates constituents and staff regarding rules and policy requirements of the Center, USOPC, and USA Triathlon
- Supervises Risk and Compliance Coordinators
Supports critical incident support and response at USA Triathlon owned events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters or JD preferred
- 5+ year’s experience managing compliance
- 3+ year’s people management experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Experience within, or knowledge of, the multisport, endurance or national governing body industries is encouraged but not required
- Proficiency in contemporary digital technologies; software abilities should include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination across the organization
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
Additional Job Information
- Location: Colorado Springs
- Salary: 70,000 – 90,000 based on experience
- This is a full time exempt position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.