At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run. USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports in 2020 and 2021! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 and 2021 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018, 2019 and 2021. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The USA Triathlon (USAT) High Performance (HP) internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to work in a high performance department of a National Governing Body (NGB) while making an impact for Team USA on the path to the Paris 2024 and the LA 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The High Performance intern works directly with High Performance staff on various projects within the department to assist in the execution of programs and projects that have a direct impact on developing the nation’s top triathletes. During the internship, the HP intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to project coordination, logistics coordination, communication, data collection, creation of athlete guides and handbooks, and social content creation. The interns responsibilities will fall within the entire High Performance Department, including but not limited to Elite Triathlon, Paratriathlon, and Development.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in creating coaching handbooks and athlete guides
- Assist with event planning for domestic and international races
- Assist in logistical admin for HP Dept.
- Assist with social media accounts
- Assist in creating content for the Elite Triathlon Bulletin and Paratriathlon Bulletin
- Data collection for Olympic analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Sports Management Bachelor or Master’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Currently located in Colorado Springs, CO preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to be accomplished
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic and Paralympic Movement
- Familiarity with the sport of triathlon helpful but not required
- Familiarity with Paralympic sports helpful but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Cover Letter is Required
This is an unpaid position with school credit available
Anticipated Work Schedule and Other Job Specifications:
Anticipated duration: June - September
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Part time hours per week: 10-20 hours/week
Variable based on student schedule