About USA Pickleball
is the National Governing Body for the sport of pickleball in the U.S. and provides players with official rules, tournaments, rankings and promotional materials. The mission of USA Pickleball is to promote the development and growth of pickleball in the United States and its territories. The association is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and governed by a board of directors and professional staff who provide the guidance and infrastructure for the continued growth and development of the sport.
USA Pickleball is accepting applications for a degreed accountant (position title is subject to change). In this role, you’ll play an important role in our company’s financial operations ensuring accuracy in accounting and compliance with the law. The position is expected to manage and interact effectively with all levels of the organization. This position will report to the Controller.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
· Must be timely in meeting deadlines, have high attention to detail, and be highly organized to manage high volume transactions
· Record day-to-day accounting transactions
· Manage, review and record company credit card use/receipts
· Process receipts and payments
· Monthly, analyze Financial Statements, reconcile account balances, and identify discrepancies
· Monthly Bank reconciliations
· Identify processes for improved efficiencies
· Update/develop accounting department policies and procedures
· Coordinate and manage annual budget/re-forecasting
· Prepare and reconcile Sales Tax
· Manage fixed assets and depreciation
· Assist with quarterly reviews sent to outside CPA
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, including application of ASC 606
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience, CPA desired
- Proficiency with robust accounting software similar to Business Central
- Proficient in Office 365
- Intermediate to advanced skills in excel
- Experienced in Adobe
- This position is required to work at the Scottsdale, AZ office
- Familiarity with pickleball and related activities is a plus!
Competitive benefit package and salary will be offered commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.