We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Sport Communications Intern
USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program (NTDP) and USA Hockey Arena seeks sports communications interns to join our communications department.
The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our team. Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with game night communications operations (stat crew, social media, press box operations, recap writing, video cutting, etc.)
- Work with the Manager of Communications to ensure components of various marketing and communications campaigns are being completed
- Promote and manage USA Hockey Arena events and initiatives such as the Summer Drive-In, CJ’s Brewing Co., charity hockey games, and USA Hockey Camps
- Generate weekly public relations content for the NTDP and USA Hockey Arena platforms (website, social media, e-blasts, etc.)
- Develop story pitches for local media regarding USA Hockey Arena programs/events and NTDP games, players, coaches, etc.
- Help manage the NTDP’s and Arena’s various social media platforms
- Assist with graphic design as needed
- Update the USA Hockey Arena and NTDP websites as needed
- Serve as a photographer for events
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- College student majoring in sport management, communications or marketing
- Familiarity with all aspects and trends of social media
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Understand how to write copy for web platforms, AP style a plus
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays