About USA Cycling:
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the Olympic sport of cycling in the United States and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling on a national level and achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists of all ages and abilities, from enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and organized racing. In other words, we are striving to bring home Olympic medals while at the same time, doing all we can to grow the fun, enriching, and rewarding sport of bike racing in communities across the country.
USA Cycling is actively engaged in growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of our nation. Our staff is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters, offering remote positions across the United States. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of American bike racing.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of all of the human resources functions including, but not limited to, the following: recruitment, employee relations, compensation/benefits, DEI, and organizational development.
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel and works closely with the Controller, the Accounting, Payroll & Employee Benefits Assistant, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager, and the Sr. Director of Athlete Health, Engagement and Experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan, organize, and control all human resources activities
· Administer compensation, benefits, and performance management systems
· Provide strategic leadership in developing and implementing programs and initiatives that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization
· Develop and implement strategic recruitment plan ensuring selection of highly qualified personnel
· Plan and conduct new employee orientation
· Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; maintain employee handbook; advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
· Maintain department records and reports according to state and federal recordkeeping requirements; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed as well as compliance with Federal, state, and local laws
· Implement annual employee and new hire benefits enrollment; review benefits offerings and make recommendations on improvements to plan design
· Administer USA Cycling’s Safe Sport Response and Resolution procedures including intake of complaints, conducting initial inquiries, consulting with legal regarding appropriate resolution including hiring investigators, coordinating hearing panels as necessary and maintaining records of all Safe Sport reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, or business administration
· Five to seven years of progressive work experience working in a human resources related field
· HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience with Paylocity strongly preferred
· Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Effective project and personnel management skills
· Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
· Ability to exhibit extraordinary discretion
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to navigate high-stress situations and keep composure
· Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
· A continuous learner who enjoys innovation and creativity
· Ability to think critically about priorities and make smart trade-offs
· Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 with an opportunity for a performance bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan and Heath Saving Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Time
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.