About USA Cycling:
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the Olympic sport of cycling in the United States and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling on a national level and achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists of all ages and abilities, from enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and organized racing. In other words, we are striving to bring home Olympic medals while at the same time, doing all we can to grow the fun, enriching, and rewarding sport of bike racing in communities across the country.
USA Cycling is actively engaged in growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of our nation. Our staff is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters, offering remote positions across the United States. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of American bike racing.
Reporting to the Chief of Corporate Development and working closely with the Marketing and Communications, Events, and High-Performance team, the Director of Partnerships will lead our partnership sales for USA Cycling. Responsibilities include securing new business, renewing partnerships, generating leads, negotiating contracts, development of assets and values, forecasting and measuring performance.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for cultivating new business on behalf of Corporate Partnerships team by developing proposals, generating leads, conducting presentations, and negotiating contracts. Ability to sell across all assets and inventory with focus on existing and emerging sponsorship assets.
- Generate new opportunities through the direct delivery of sales presentations for USA Cycling.
- Establish, and build client relationships through prospecting and lead development projects, including networking activities outside of day-to-day appointments.
- Lead and/or Assist the sales process from discovery to account development, negotiations, and closing.
- Develop customized sponsorship programs using inventory controlled by the organization to generate net revenue and meet the needs of clients.
- Maintain a network of prospective clients and agency contacts.
- Collaborate with other departments to build out sponsored programs, including Marketing and Communications, Events, High Performance Team, etc.
· Establish and communicate objectives and reporting for each partner relationship to relevant stakeholders, externally and internally.
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Perform these above and other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, at least eight years of successful sales or relevant marketing experience.
- 8+ years of successful sales or relevant marketing experience.
- Network of high-level contacts with both national brands and agencies
- Proven track record of selling multi-faceted partnerships to endemic, national and global brands
- A solution/relationship seller with the ability to sell integrated partnerships with multiple assets.
- A hard worker who values integrity and respect for others, and a team player who also understands how to lead.
- Strong networking, negotiating, closing and communication skills, along with the ability to conduct face-to-face presentations.
- A candidate that can demonstrate a proven track record of maintaining and exceeding aggressive sales goals.
- Ability to keep accurate records detailing sales performance, appointment recaps, account management, and prospecting activities.
- A self-starter that has the ability to multitask, reacts well under pressure, and is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with Asana, Salesforce, Marketo and Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time, exempt position based in Colorado Springs, CO.
· The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $110,000
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan and Heath Saving Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Time
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.