About USA Cycling:
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the Olympic sport of cycling in the United States and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling on a national level and achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists of all ages and abilities, from enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and organized racing. In other words, we are striving to bring home Olympic medals while at the same time, doing all we can to grow the fun, enriching, and rewarding sport of bike racing in communities across the country.
USA Cycling is actively engaged in growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of our nation. Our staff is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters, offering remote positions across the United States. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of American bike racing.
The sleeping giant within the American bike racing ecosystem is collegiate racing. High school racing continues to grow at a rapid rate, yet this has not translated into a robust collegiate racing scene. Collegiate participation has been stagnant for years. While there is a small, strong core of varsity programs along with pockets of club participation, there is a significant opportunity to scale the sport and bring it to a far greater number of schools. We are seeking a Director of Collegiate Cycling to unleash the full potential of collegiate racing across both club and varsity programs, transforming it into a nationwide phenomenon.
This position will be based in Bentonville, Arkansas, and will report directly to the Chief of Racing and Events and will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief of Sports Performance.
What you’ll do:
· Lead a collaborative process across a wide variety of stakeholders to create a long-term vision, strategy, and operating model for the growth of collegiate bike racing.
· Pilot innovative ideas to increase the number of clubs and varsity teams, the number of races and the number of participants in collegiate racing.
· Maximize the opportunity with the USA Cycling Collegiate National Championships. Tailor the experience to this unique audience by elevating both the racing experience and the social experience.
· Work with our Marketing team to build a pathway from collegiate into other forms of racing and USA Cycling membership, turning these riders into cyclists (and members) beyond their college years.
· Work with our Sports Performance team to assist in identifying and supporting riders with elite-level potential.
· Identify opportunities to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Tribal Colleges and Universities and other similar organizations in pursuit of our strategy to grow the sport of grassroots bike racing amongst diverse populations.
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years of experience specifically relevant to collegiate cycling, i.e. coaching, administrative, operational, organizational, etc.
· Mission-driven with a deeply held passion for cycling, for growing bike ridership, and for racing
· Proven ability to think strategically and execute operationally
- Ability to work independently while maintaining strong communication and collaboration internally
· Resourceful and creative — a self-starter who can take initiative and bring big ideas to fruition
· Excellent written and oral communicator
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, start-up environment with ability to manage several projects simultaneously and succeed under pressure
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time, exempt position based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
· The salary for this position will be based on experience and will include the opportunity for performance bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan and Heath Saving Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Time
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.