USA Artistic Swimming (USAAS) is seeking a qualified, creative and enthusiastic communications professional to join our team. The Communications & Partnership Marketing Manager will provide strategic vision as it relates to all communication and promotion of USAAS by working across digital media platforms, managing the website and serving as creative lead on projects. With the CEO, they will assist in attracting new sponsors to the organization, enhancing current partnerships and ensuring that all sponsorship activations are completed. As a small office staff, the position will also help with event duties as needed. Interested candidates should be prepared to travel domestically 6-8 times per year with the potential for 1-2 international travel trips with the national team.
Candidates should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted team environment and be able to handle a high level of independence. The role covers a broad range of responsibilities, but the selected employee will be afforded the opportunity to gain experience across multiple departments of the organization and gain valuable work experience to progress their career in sports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Craft press releases and website content surrounding national team news, events, partnerships, programs and other areas of the organization.
- Drive social media traffic with regular content on Facebook and Instagram as well as other digital media platforms (LinkedIn, TikTok) as needed.
- Utilize Canva and/or Adobe programs to lead graphic design efforts for all purposes of the organization.
- Strategize communications plans to promote various events, programs and initiatives.
- Serve as press officer at certain national team competitions. This may include basic journalistic responsibilities and social coverage as well as the pre-event creation of media guides, statistical archiving and photography.
- Manage all areas of the USA Artistic Swimming website to ensure ease of use and accuracy of information.
- Maintain consistency of the USAAS brand with all print and digital marketing and event materials.
- Assist in the editing and proofreading of all publications and documents, including event programs, annual reports, event documents, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in delivering value to sponsors through regular messaging and proactively seeking new routes to provide value.
- Manage sponsorship activation and fulfillment
- Lead email communication efforts to artistic swimming members for important updates, news and offers
- Serve as event staff at all domestic USAAS events by assisting the Events Director with tasks and managing livestream of the competition
- Build relationships with the artistic swimming community to better understand, collect and archive the history of the sport while strategizing how to move the organization forward
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required
Licensure & Certification: None
Desired Experience: Minimum 1- 2 years demonstrated experience working in communications, public relations, and/or graphic design. Experience working in the sports industry field and/or a passion for Olympic sports is preferred.
• Communication: Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Collaboration: Ability and desire to work collaboratively across multiple staff levels and departments in the organization
• Organization: High level ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress and strong attention to detail with a fast-paced environment
• Technical Skills: Graphic design, photography, social media management by utilizing programs included but not limited to Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Acrobat, operating camera equipment and utilizing social media metrics to track growth
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
• This is primarily an office position, although some field work will be required. Incumbent will be required do to some lifting of no more than 20lbs. Long periods of sitting may occur. Field work may consist of standing for long periods of time, crouching, reaching and bending. Field work may also be in areas of high noise levels. Incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate basic office equipment with ease. Travel and work on weekends is a requirement of this position.
• International and Domestic Travel Required
Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000
Work Location: USAAS National Office | 30 Cimino Dr. Colorado Springs, Colorado
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an informal portfolio with no less than (1) but no more than (3) examples of each of the following: Press Release, Graphic, Photography, Video/TikTok (linked)