WHO IS USA LACROSSE
USA Lacrosse, a non-profit organization, is the governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, leading the U.S. National Teams Program and establishing universal standards. With nearly 400,000 members, we provide national leadership, structure, and resources to fuel and unify the sport's growth and enrich the experience of its players, coaches, officials, parents, and program leaders.
USA Lacrosse believes a diverse staff best positions our organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse community. We are committed to a staff culture that ensures everyone feels welcomed, valued, and included.
- We Influence - Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate - Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest - Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality - Diversity
- We Have Fun – Work Hard and Play Hard
If this aligns with who you are and what you are looking for in an organization, keep reading.
USA Lacrosse is looking for someone to join our team as the Chief of Staff, Business Intelligence to provide strategic and operational support to the President & CEO and Leadership Team. This crucial role will ensure strategies and initiatives are prioritized according to the greatest impact opportunities that will advance the mission and goals of USA Lacrosse. You will be a strategic advisor and partner to the President & CEO, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors, assisting with developing and executing strategy, serving as an internal and external "voice" and liaison for USA Lacrosse, and providing project management guidance. The Chief of Staff, Business Intelligence will ensure the appropriate mission-based initiatives and programs are being moved forward to make the greatest impact on fueling the growth of the game, increasing participation, and fielding the best National Teams with diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of all USA Lacrosse does.
The successful candidate will have a background in consulting and guiding the strategic vision of an organization, ensuring everyone is moving together toward common goals. If you have a passion for leadership, strong business insights and acumen, and want to work for a mission-based organization with a team of passionate, talented, and driven professionals to support the mission and vision of USA Lacrosse in growing the game, keep reading.
A Typical Day Looks Like…
- Provides organizational and strategic oversight of key initiatives and programs, ensuring USA Lacrosse is focusing on the most impactful opportunities and areas to drive organizational growth to achieve our mission. This includes providing context, background information, and conducting and coordinating research for thorough and informed assessment.
- Continually evaluates risk factors when establishing business goals in partnership with key constituents, both internal and external, to set USA Lacrosse up for success for the greatest impact toward our mission.
- At the direction of the President & CEO, assists with internal and external communications and disseminates information on their behalf as appropriate to respond to issues and facilitate ongoing communication.
- Proactively guides projects with the Leadership Team and ensures timelines and goals are met, making recommendations for actionable improvements for project success.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of USA Lacrosse at the direction of the President & CEO as necessary. This includes meetings, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Compiles and reviews data to develop insights and strategies to be used by the President & CEO, LT, Board, and organization to support goal attainment and data driven decision making. This includes making recommendations to collect data that is not being collected.
- In partnership with the President & CEO, establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success for improved organizational performance. This includes collecting input from members of the Leadership Team on their departments to ensure KPIs set are realistic and attainable with reach to continually move the needle forward.
- Meets regularly with departments and team members to get status updates so reports can be provided to the President & CEO. This includes ensuring work is being done efficiently, cross-departmental collaboration is running smoothly, and any roadblocks are reviewed and resolved to meet necessary deadlines.
- Serves as a connector, ensuring cross-departmental collaboration to enhance the flow of ideas throughout the organization to collect a variety of thoughts and ideas to ensure excellent programs and avoid siloing.
- Assists in driving change initiatives to enhance USA Lacrosse’s ability to adapt and respond to the evolving needs of the organization, the lacrosse community, and our members.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) with respect to best practices in operating a governing body sports organization, ensuring USA Lacrosse is at the forefront and well positioned to fuel the growth of lacrosse with diversity, equity, and inclusion considered for all programs and initiatives to expand reach and increase brand awareness.
- Supports the President & CEO’s management of Leadership Team meetings and overall oversight, consulting, and providing leadership for the Leadership Team to ensure team synergy and projects are moving forward smoothly and according to deadlines to confirm the goals and mission of the organization are being met.
- Serves as a thought leader and strategic advisor for the President & CEO by participating in meetings, challenging ideas to offer a different perspective, and following up on action items as necessary.
- Collaborates cross-departmentally to review and understand USA Lacrosse's operations and makes best practice-based recommendations to increase efficiency and enhance the overall operations of the organization. This includes documenting and creating a standard use of standard operating procedures (SOPs) across the organization.
Is This You…
- Five (5) plus years of experience in the field of consulting, finance, business/data analyst, business administration, and/or operations. Sport-based organizations and experience a plus.
- Innovative and creative thinker with demonstrated ability to express and communicate complex ideas in an understandable, clear, and concise manner – in writing and verbally.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely, and tailor communication to different audiences. Ability to draft communications on behalf of the CEO.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to set and evaluate KPIs to develop initiatives and programs for success and growth. This includes identifying and establishing metrics to measure success toward organizational goals and managing a team to ensure culture of accountability and access to professional development.
- Experience with research, data analysis, and insights.
- Proven experience leading individuals, teams, and organizations through change, ensuring all understand the “why” so they know the ultimate goals and objectives.
- Project management skills, including the ability to successfully lead through change and influence stakeholders toward a common vision/goal while working cross-departmentally.
- Emotionally intelligent with a proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships, both internal and external, to drive support and movement for success and organizational impact – including ability to coordinate and lead volunteers and committees toward a common goal/objective.
- Knowledge of P&L management, financial statements, complete financial modeling, and financial reporting.
- Fast learner with the desire to operate and move with a sense of urgency, accountability, and intentionality.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of software’s such as SalesForce, or comparable database applications, used to track, monitor, and report on data with the aptitude to learn new software/programs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and keep data organized for thorough analysis and reporting.
- Ability to serve as an advisor with no agenda, providing neutral advice and leadership considering the needs of the entire organization.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team with a “hands on” mentality. This includes the ability to be self-managed to work in a hybrid (in-office/work from home) environment.
- Demonstrated adherence to the highest ethical standards for self and team with a commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential matters and information.
- Ability to present a professional persona and presence to build relationships and establish credibility.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including availability to work nights and weekends and travel based on event needs. This position will require overnight travel for USA Lacrosse events.
- Willingness to learn about the sport of lacrosse and appreciate the need for developing funds to fuel its development and growth with diversity, equity, and inclusion as a focus.
- Ability to align with USA Lacrosse’s Mission, Vision, and Values and Strategic Plan to support our initiatives and organizational goals.
Expected Hours of Work
This position is generally expected to work Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and occasionally requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs. This is a hybrid position and works from the headquarters office in Sparks, MD three (3) days a week with the flexibility to work from home two (2) days a week.
Travel may be necessary up to 25% of the time (local, regional). Travel would involve the following mode(s) of travel: car, train, or air. Some out of area and overnight travel may be expected.
USA Lacrosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other status/characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. USA Lacrosse believes diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.