In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
We’re looking for a seasoned full-stack software engineer to lead a small but growing Engineering team within U.S. Soccer’s Commercial unit. As Senior Engineer, your team will work hand-in-hand with the Product team on dot com, the mobile app and the Insiders loyalty program. This means building content platforms and e-commerce experiences tailored for U.S. Soccer’s most avid fans. As lead Engineer, you’ll hone development and deployment processes, guide Agile ceremonies, estimate effort, and plan/manage human capital.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth .NET knowledge and expert C# skills. If you have a proven track record of excellence in web development and want to build beautiful experiences for USMNT and USWNT fans, we’d like to meet you!
- Serve as subject matter expert in architecture design and code reviews
- Build new applications and maintain legacy software
- Triage, investigate, and resolve issues across our platform
- Provide technical vetting for potential SaaS applications being considered in a “build vs buy” scenario
- Establish and operationalize monitoring procedures based upon system up-time requirements for internal and external stakeholders
It’s unlikely any candidate will satisfy every requirement. Some skills matter more than others on day
one, and we believe in the importance of a solid foundation. If most of these qualifications describe
you and you have a growth mindset, we encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or a similar field
- Experience leading web application development as a Senior/Principal Software Engineer (your work is only reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting business requirements)
- 5+ years experience in C#
- 2+ years experience in React or other JS frameworks
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-level CMS (Adobe, Sitecore, Druple, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience with Azure application and service management, including dev ops functions
- Expertise creating, maintaining, and consuming data from REST APIs
- Expertise maintaining shared code bases
- Comfortable managing engineers and creating a collaborative, high-performance environment
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks based on impact
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Post-graduate degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or a related field
- Sitecore experience (Sitecore MVP certification is a big plus)
- Expert in .NET Framework
- Experience implementing and maintaining single-sign-on (Gigya, Okta, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data usage in sports and sports business
- Passion for soccer and a solid understanding of the soccer landscape in the United States
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.