In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
FAN PROGRAM MANAGER
CLASSIFICATION: Year-round; Full-time
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
LOCATION: Park City, Utah
TRAVEL: Approximately 20%
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is seeking a Fan Program Manager. This is a full-time, beneficial position eligible for our full benefits package, including medical insurance and retirement. For inquiries or help with your application, please email [email protected]
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Fan Program Manager to lead and manage a new paid fan membership initiative. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that drive fan engagement, increase membership, and create a vibrant community around skiing and snowboarding. The ideal candidate will have experience in program management, marketing, and community engagement, with a passion for winter sports.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is committed to lead, encourage, and support athletes in achieving excellence and making the United States of America the Best in the World in Olympic skiing and snowboarding. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating an environment in which diversity is valued, equity is striven for, and inclusion is embraced.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage the paid fan membership initiative, including creating and executing strategic plans for growth, engagement, and retention.
- Design and refine the membership offering, conducting market research to determine the optimal price point and member benefits that appeal to the target audience and align with organizational goals.
- Collaborate with internal teams (marketing, communications, events, foundation, membership and commercial partnerships) to create compelling content, promotions, and experiences for paid members.
- Identify, negotiate, and secure deals with partners that provide additional value to the membership offering, such as exclusive discounts, access to events, or unique experiences.
- Monitor and analyze fan program performance, using data and insights to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local clubs, resorts, and other stakeholders to promote the fan program and increase grassroots engagement.
- Manage the fan program budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and aligned with organizational priorities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for fan program inquiries, providing exceptional customer service and addressing any issues or concerns.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, sports management, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in program management, marketing, or community engagement, preferably in the sports industry.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and social media platforms, with the ability to create and execute engaging campaigns.
- Proven track record of successful partnership development and negotiation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, market research, and data-driven decision-making.
- Experience driving strategy implementation and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creativity, ability to develop and execute innovative solutions.
- Passion for skiing and snowboarding, with a deep understanding of the sport's culture and community.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
U.S. SKI AND SNOWBOARD EEO STATEMENT
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. U.S. Ski & Snowboard's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.