**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under direction of the Finance management team, this position analyzes customer account balances, processes necessary adjustments and/or refunds, collects outstanding accounts receivable, processes incoming packages, performs quality review functions, serves as a backup for all processors in the Finance Dept., and supports other processes within the Finance department as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with processing financial transactions, including accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
- Supports Post Competition Report processing, invoicing and collection.
- Analyzes customer account balances and processes necessary adjustments and/or refunds.
- Balances, prepares and distributes check runs as well as electronic payments such that payments are accurate and due dates are met.
- Monitors payables, obtains approvals and keeps accurate records. Ensures compliance with internal policies and IRS regulations. Review 1099 data for end of year reporting.
- Performs clerical duties such as scanning, document uploads, filing, copying, sending faxes, opening/delivering mail, and other communications.
- Assists Finance management team in analyzing general ledger accounts and responding to audit requests.
- Other ad-hoc financial analysis and support as needed.
Goals and Objectives:
- Exceptional service is provided to both internal and external customers, difficult customer situations are diffused and handled professionally, verbal and written communication is professional and accurate information and assistance is provided.
- Invoices are entered accurately, adjustments and/or refunds are made as needed, and all accounts are reconciled and statements are issued to members timely.
- Inconsistencies and errors in financial processes are documented and reported to the Assistant Director of Accounting.
- Complete backup duties in a timely manner.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year clerical work experience preferred.
- Accounting, Accounts Payable, or Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.