Processes and analyzes payroll. Responsible for providing support to the accounting / payroll department by performing a range of general clerical and payroll functions and other accounting duties assigned.
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee and enter expense, per diem, and overtime payments in payroll system
- Import, process, and audit weekly event payroll
- Assist in processing transactions related to payroll such as change in benefits deductions and garnishments
- Identify the cause of payroll errors and analyze issues to resolve errors. Research and recommend solutions for best practices
- Respond to employment verification inquiries related to employee earnings
- Assist in preparing weekly payroll journal entries and expense posting to general ledger
- Maintain records by making copies; filing documents.
- Assist the accounting department with processes and projects, including year-end filings, as needed.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting required
- 2-5 years of experience in clerical accounting, payroll or related preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Ability to interact well with others and work in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.